Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously thinking about going with a twin turbo set up. What other mods should I do. Will I have to stud and o ring the head. I wanting to do this because to tell the truth my 92 Dodge just aint quite got the umph I need to get the job done. And if anyone knows a better way to get more horses easier I am open for suggestion. I bet the old stock auto trans in my truck will have to be updated also.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yeah, the auto that's in there is gonna hate you when you hit 300HP and it will let you know. Twins are an excellent way to make great usable power. You will need studs minimum on the head, o-rings are highly recommended but if you don't and you blow the HG it's all your baby.

Fuel, you must first decide where your HP/TQ goals will end. This will allow us to get you on the right path wasting as little $$$ as possible.

The turbos should also be chosen with your end goal in mind.

The tranny will need to be the same as everything else. Built around your goals.

So, you decide, we will help guide. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
You are going to see more than 60 psi boost if you turn the fuel up with some big injectors. I was over 60 for awhile when running the big injectors. Don't know how much cause the boost gauge only went to 60.

You will need to upgrade the lift pump set up, get bigger injectors, o-ring the head, should get studs(I'm still running the stock bolts), do some porting, upgrade the tranny(you knew that). You have to have enough fuel/air to light the big secondary turbo. Water meth will help some also if you are looking for HP. I did the cam but really didn't see a big change with it.

I have mine detuned at the moment to get some fuel economy - smaller injectors, pulled the timing back down to about 18 from 22 degrees, backed the fuel screw back out, put a stock cone in the AFC circut and set to the deepest point. Still running about 40 psi, just enough to set the second turbo off when needed. Expect some haze most of the time, at least thats one of my problems.

U-joints will need to be in good shape as well as the rear end. Also need to make sure the brakes are in good shape.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
Yeah, the auto that's in there is gonna hate you when you hit 300HP and it will let you know. Twins are an excellent way to make great usable power. You will need studs minimum on the head, o-rings are highly recommended but if you don't and you blow the HG it's all your baby.

Fuel, you must first decide where your HP/TQ goals will end. This will allow us to get you on the right path wasting as little $$$ as possible.

The turbos should also be chosen with your end goal in mind.

The tranny will need to be the same as everything else. Built around your goals.

So, you decide, we will help guide. :thumbsup
well put!

HX35/ht3b
hx40/ht3b
s300/s400
etc etc make for a nice set of towing twins.

·
Registered
222 Posts
hey paccool i dont want to hijack the thread but can u PM me about your AFC mod im looking to wire up a valet switch so i can crank the screw but pull it back when im not using it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts