Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of building twins... I have a ht3b and a hy-35 turbo just laying around would it be worth it to build this setup. I also have a hx35 exhaust housing laying around to convert the hy. I will plan on spraying the setup also 100shot or so:w:. I figure money wise I will realisticly have under 500 bucks in the setup. becaus I can tig and mig weld and have the pipe at my will.:butt::hyper: can I make 550 on this setup without spray? I will be towing with the truck.. a 7,000lb race car and trailer.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
i would not go any smaller then a HX35 .....if your going to run spray it then run an external waste gate.

you will need the head studded and O-ringed also (if it's not already done)

you should have no problem hitting 550hp (depending on injector size)

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Your going to need something to add a lot more fuel before you can spray it or reach 500HP. Will also need injectors, head work, gauges and tranny upgrades.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im already making about 550 on spray now. I have the redline fueling box and edge ez for timing. Im running 200hp cds injectors I think the fuel will prob be there for the twins... So I shou;d keep the ht3b but go no smaller than a hx35 maybe a hx40 or like gus said a super b.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also I have that hx35 exhaust housing if I put it on the hy would it make it basically a hx? is the wheel size even the same? thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts