Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pretty good deal on all the pipes and a bottom turbo, which is a s400 with the 75 wheel. I really want an s480, but the real question is will the pipes fit the right way? Also with the s400 how much will i lose on the high end and a difference of spool up time.

thanks in advance all.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you think it is worth the 2000 difference for the s480?

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
What would you be using for the top turbo?

An s400 of that size should clean up those 200s pretty easily.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
letting you know right now that with my setup it is pretty slow on spool up in 6th gear. i may be compairing apples to oranges to you with the auto and im sure my 40 has some to do with it. but after its lit she takes off! and thats only with the edge set for 45 PSI no studs or oring yet

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry the top turbo is an htt 64/71/14. Im running 48 lbs right now and want to shoot for 70-75 ish. I laready have studs, rings and springs. In a few years i am looking to hot shot the truck and need something to play with now and tow great later.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh the pipes are made for a s400 to an s300, how much would that matter?

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
I think youll have to detune it a little if you want to do that kind of towing in the future.

I would look to trade your 64 for a 62 with a 13cm housing and then use the s400 under that. The 64/s475 will be a laggy set of twins.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well its not 100% to hot shot in the future but likely. And yes i know i will need to get smaller sticks later to tow that much. Thats what i needed to know on the pipes, thats cool will save me a lot of money.

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
Yep the htt64 is based on a s300 so it should bolt up no problem. Thats a pretty big set of twins:headbang:, its gonna be laggy but will pull like crazy once it lights:shock:

edit: plus you can switch the 64 out for a faster spooling 62 or even a super b to make it more tow friendly if you do make it a hot shotter. You have a lot of options when using a s300 frame

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks man, i just hate parting with the 64 it only has about 900 miles on it. Ill prob run it for now, and change later. I really appreciate your input guys

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
I understand what you mean, id hate to get rid of it too if it was that new. Id try it and if its too laggy you can always swap the 64 out later with very little effort.

Good luck and it will me a mean setup!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts