Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i just got this 1998 12 valve and have some big time questions about it.

What kind of power do you think its making?
What can i do to make most power and most black smoke?
I think twins would make it faster so what twins are you thinking and ANYTHING else that i can do to make it better and faster... also i was thinking meth injection or something

Please let me know specifics on anything and tell me how the stuff already on it is. I bought it all like this. Thanks alot.

This was the listing for it.

1998 DODGE 2500 4X4 QUAD CAB 12 VALVE, THE TRUCK HAS 160K MILES AUTO TRANS ALL BILLET SHAFTS SUN COAST 5 DISC TORQUE CONVERTER, ENGINE MODS ARE FULL B-1 TURBO CUSTOM DRILLED INJECTORS DONE BY PRINCE PERFORMANCE O RING HEAD. STUD BOLTS ATS MANIFOLD FULL 5'' EXHAUST STACKS 191 DELIVERY VALVES TUNED UP PUMP 4K GOVERNOR SPRINGS, HAS NO TORQUE PLATE #4. INDUSTRIAL CAM, HI PSI INTERCOOLER 60# VALVE SPRINGS DONT REMEMBER. HAS AN AFTERMARKET STEERING BOX BUILT BY PSC, DANA 80 REAR AXLE WITH DISC BRAKES, CUSTOM BUILT IN BED TOOL BOX TO FIT AROUND THE STACKS. CORE FRONT LEVELING KIT. 04 DODGE WHEELS LIKE NEW TOYO OPEN COUNTRY M/T TIRES.

Thanks any input on the parts already on it would be great too. Or anything that could be upgraded let me know thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
what size is the turbo and a good turbo for twins would be a s400 or a ht3b try and get a smaller exhaust housing on either one like a 26cm or smaller

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i'm in the process of getting it so i will have to ask the previous owner and what kinda hp are those turbos good for?

Also what is No torque plate #4 ?

Also what about fire rings?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If your O-ringed and studded then I wouldnt worry bout boost. IIRC they can hold 70lbs easy.

Chances are he had a #4 fuel plate and then just took it out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
ok i'm in the process of getting it so i will have to ask the previous owner and what kinda hp are those turbos good for?

Also what is No torque plate #4 ?

Also what about fire rings?
if its a no torqe plate means theres no fuel plate/cam plate in it he probly means that he has a #4 plate that can be put in

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok awesome. So what twin settup would you guys suggest it's basically just a street machine that i will pull my little mower trailer with sometimes and a boat maybe and dump trailer vary rairly. So you say how it is it should be capable of 70lbs ? The truck will mainly be used just to drive though not tow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
**leave the twin turbos alone... too high egt's and too many other problems**
**smoke you want? take out the puel plate AND... AND take out the AFC arm out of the cover which you will see when you open the top to take out your fuel * torque plate**
and try not to paint too many cars with heavy wet smoke :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
ignore last post get twins and you dont have to have smoke to have power! it can be clean and still be fast!

·
Registered
4 Posts
you just need to fig your $ out, and that will let ya know the way to go.
there is a local guy hear. (bret) at winslow diesel, north cal
getting 715 to the ground with a single turbo and light pump mods, using 370marine injectors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a big single, although my truck doesnt have near what you have done to it. I say go with twins. When I can afford it I will be. Lower temps, quicker spool...more air = better....as far as im concerned anyways.

Some people like tons of smoke..personally I'd rather burn most of my fuel.

·
Registered
648 Posts
you just need to fig your $ out, and that will let ya know the way to go.
there is a local guy hear. (bret) at winslow diesel, north cal
getting 715 to the ground with a single turbo and light pump mods, using 370marine injectors.
how ? i am wondering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
all comes down to how much you want to spin $
figure that out and you can fig. twins or single.
twins have alot of drive press where a single dose not. 50/50
just figure what you want to do with it and build it.
so many ways now to build them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts