Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i just bought a set or ARP head studs just the normal ones not the 625's but i am eventually going to be running twins. the guy i bought them from said you dont have to bottom tap the block but that contradics everything i have heard about them. also he said fire ring the head but i dont really want to fire ring cause there a pain and you have to constantly retourque i was thinking o-rings but he said he wouldnt trust those? he claims he used to work for industrial injection and built all of there race motors. also he said that with the 12mm VE i wont be able to spool the he351/ht3b compound set im going to be runnig i think that it can be done but i would like some intput on all of these as i am going to be building here soon.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
He sounds like an idiot to me.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wanted to double check cause he said he built industrial injections motors so that makes him more qualified than me but i thought that i would have to do all of the above

·
Registered
770 Posts
ok not being able to spin compounds with a ve is bull$$$$. many many guys do

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's what i wanted to tell him but he sold me the head studs for 200 bucks i didnt want to change his mind on the price

·
Registered
648 Posts
ok well i just bought a set or ARP head studs just the normal ones not the 625's but i am eventually going to be running twins. the guy i bought them from said you dont have to bottom tap the block but that contradics everything i have heard about them. also he said fire ring the head but i dont really want to fire ring cause there a pain and you have to constantly retourque i was thinking o-rings but he said he wouldnt trust those? he claims he used to work for industrial injection and built all of there race motors. also he said that with the 12mm VE i wont be able to spool the he351/ht3b compound set im going to be runnig i think that it can be done but i would like some intput on all of these as i am going to be building here soon.

Thanks,
He is an idiot. Bottom tap the block, get orings not fire rings, you'll spool that setup no problem.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you i knew i would be able to spool them but the whole bottom tapping had me confused but thanks everybody

·
Registered
267 Posts
X2!!! Personally I have dealt with Industrial Injection before because I needed a pump part and they said it was discontinued and they couldn't get it which is bull $***. He told me I was dumb for taking my pump apart and that I needed to have it recalibrated and everything and I said no I've had it apart many times and its ran great, then he just said oh you must be a lucky one. Personally I don't like them or their service, some people may like them but I sure don't. :RANTIN:That is a bunch of bull that you can't spool an he351/ht3b setup with a VE pump. Many VE guys run twins and that setup isn't too big and I think you'd have no problem spooling them. I can spool an Aurora 5000 turbo as a single with just a maxed pump and POD sticks, and I'll be putting it under an aurora 3000 soon. I've ran an HE351 and loved it, they spool very quick and it should get that compound setup spooling well.

As far as bottom tapping for studs, I've heard some guys do it and others not, personally I think it would be a good idea to do. But you can put them in without pulling the head if you do one at time, I know a lot of guys that have done that and its held fine.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i thought about doing it that way but where i am going to be running twins im getting the head o-ringed so it has to come off any way thanks for all of the help though

·
Registered
665 Posts
A lot of people who say you can't spool big chargers with a VE just aren't running enough injector. I went from c.36psi to 50+psi by going from 5x14s to 6x16s.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so i just got my bottom turbo its a garrett ht3b it says 22 inside the exhaust housing so i take it thats what size the housing is. i also got the hot pipe but it has an hx40 flange. how hard would it be to machine down the exhaust flange outlet on my he351 to be the same as a hx40?

·
June ROTM Winner
377 Posts
Just fax him this photo and tell him thank you for his time... NEXT... :hehe:

Now stop being a ***** get the head O-ringed, install that extra turbo and go have fun...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just fax him this photo and tell him thank you for his time... NEXT... :hehe:

Now stop being a ***** get the head O-ringed, install that extra turbo and go have fun...

Hahaha i agree. Btw that is a sweet set of twins, great use of the space. Thinkin about doin a similar design on my twins in the future.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i would love to make make a set up like that but i dont have the money to change to a s300 i have to do the under and over with the he351 cause you cant move the outlet to what ever way you want.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alrighty fellers finally getting close to having the money to get my head done. im really excited but still have to get the tranny done also flex plate is done for. Anyway i need to know where to get a oil feed line i found a couple of places but im not sure if they are long enough. the turbos are in about the same location as snoots are other than my manifold isnt flipped any help would be nice thank you guys

1 - 20 of 25 Posts