Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Power Hungry, Need Some Direction.....

Guys, Im getting ready to get away from a big single and try some twins out and have a few questions regarding the twins I plan on running. What would I have to upgrade to do a consistent 900 rwhp? I have all of the supporting fuel mods, trans, etc.... Heres the programming Im running:

- Bullydog 2.4D w/Crazy Larry
- TST cr49

I also have:
- Flux 3.5's
- ATS Twin CP3's
- AD 150
- Banks I/C, ATS Arc, GDP Intake Plennum, etc...

The twins I have waiting to go on are:
- Aurora 4
- S480 w/racecover

Would going to a little bigger injector be the ticket? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
587 Posts
For a consistent 900hp get a set of flux 6s. Also that twin setup would work great with the injectors you have now but with bigger injectors and for 900hp, you'll probably need a bigger set of twins. 900hp is alot!! Good luck on the build!

Reactions: 1badRam06

·
Wyoming Eastern President
2,964 Posts
From what I have read those twins might be a little small for 900 on fuel.
Like stated go bigger and get some larger sticks, with flux 6s I bet you could spool what ever you wanted like say a 66 over a 510 for instance lol

·
Registered
970 Posts
if your gonna get bigger tubos you will definetely need bigger injector to spool those turbos go with a custom nozzle from F1 just tell them what your shooting for they can help

·
Registered
277 Posts
Guys, Im getting ready to get away from a big single and try some twins out and have a few questions regarding the twins I plan on running. What would I have to upgrade to do a consistent 900 rwhp? I have all of the supporting fuel mods, trans, etc.... Heres the programming Im running:

- Bullydog 2.4D w/Crazy Larry
- TST cr49

I also have:
- Flux 3.5's
- ATS Twin CP3's
- AD 150
- Banks I/C, ATS Arc, GDP Intake Plennum, etc...

The twins I have waiting to go on are:
- Aurora 4
- S480 w/racecover

Would going to a little bigger injector be the ticket? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

06 truck?
Flux 4 + don't go too big on the stick otherwise the programming your using will just kill the bottom end and the chargers will never get lit. Try and stay on the lean side of stick size and maximize your tuning.
Consistant 900 seems to be hard to come by, if you plan to drive 900 on the street better have a relief fund cause stuff well deteriote at that power level.
Chargers should be close, not sure the specs on a AK4, do you plan on using an external gate for the primary?

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I have read those twins might be a little small for 900 on fuel.
Like stated go bigger and get some larger sticks, with flux 6s I bet you could spool what ever you wanted like say a 66 over a 510 for instance lol
I thought about going that route, but the A4k and S480 are what I have waiting..... Guess I will try running a little bigger set of stix and try some different tuning (Smarty, MP8, Dr P,etc...)

06 truck?
Flux 4 + don't go too big on the stick otherwise the programming your using will just kill the bottom end and the chargers will never get lit. Try and stay on the lean side of stick size and maximize your tuning.
Consistant 900 seems to be hard to come by, if you plan to drive 900 on the street better have a relief fund cause stuff well deteriote at that power level.
Chargers should be close, not sure the specs on a AK4, do you plan on using an external gate for the primary?
My bad, it is a 2006 (early 06). I think the specs on the 4k are 64/73/13 or 14.... :confused013: I dont plan on trying to daily drive it, but it would be cool to drive every now and then. The gate will be one of Chris's (ED) and I will dump it back into the primary.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Do you have twin Cp3 or a aftermarket CP3 that can run enough fuel youll be fine as for 900whp you wont be using all the 900 until you hit the skinny pedal and go you can DD as long as your not barking at every light lol. That why the cummins are dependable that why I love them :D. I dont have 900 hp probably never get close but can it be a daily driver yes it can just needs tuning that all and a few inernals to run that much boost

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hey kenny you do have the fuel and twins are in the right range... the A4k is about a 64mm correct? PM Joel (jsf350) Im pretty sure he has not change a tone of things but he has a 64/s480 with dual pumps and 220's nozzles and he dynoed 958HP and 17** TQ... I would say Flux 6's are way to much for a 64/480 look into a flux 4's 4.5... and i think you would be right up there:thumbsup:

·
Registered
365 Posts
As onetun said before you will need bigger sticks but the 06 and ups really don't like huge injectors but they respond very well to some fine tuning on the dyno. Call up Don and he may even be able to enlarge the Flux's you already have out to a 4 or 4.5 and save you a little $$$.

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have twin Cp3 or a aftermarket CP3 that can run enough fuel youll be fine as for 900whp you wont be using all the 900 until you hit the skinny pedal and go you can DD as long as your not barking at every light lol. That why the cummins are dependable that why I love them :D. I dont have 900 hp probably never get close but can it be a daily driver yes it can just needs tuning that all and a few inernals to run that much boost
Yeah, its an ATS twin kit, with a stg 2 D-max pump up top. Thanks for the input bro!

Hey kenny you do have the fuel and twins are in the right range... the A4k is about a 64mm correct? PM Joel (jsf350) Im pretty sure he has not change a tone of things but he has a 64/s480 with dual pumps and 220's nozzles and he dynoed 958HP and 17** TQ... I would say Flux 6's are way to much for a 64/480 look into a flux 4's 4.5... and i think you would be right up there:thumbsup:
Lats I read on here, the A4k is a 64. Will do amigo! Did you end up going with twins? Sorry I couldnt deliver up on the 5k soon enough bro....

So a 64/480 can get me to 900+...?

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,109 Posts
The A4K is really closer 63/68/14 which might help spoolup quicker but hurt with an S480 race cover. As far as tuning you mite have to go with the scarry larry or customize it with the smarty TNT/R. BD R850 is the special(64/71/14) over an S476 which is close to 900hp so I'm sure the S480 w/race cover is more air which equals more power. The next step is the tuning...

Oh and a cam from Hamilton and if possible some head work.

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The A4K is really closer 63/68/14 which might help spoolup quicker but hurt with an S480 race cover. As far as tuning you mite have to go with the scarry larry or customize it with the smarty TNT/R. BD R850 is the special(64/71/14) over an S476 which is close to 900hp so I'm sure the S480 w/race cover is more air which equals more power. The next step is the tuning...
I will look it up and see what the exact specs on the 4k are. From the sounds of it, with a 64/480, 900 can be done with the right stix (Flux 4 or 4.5's) and maybe a Smarty/Dr. P combo.....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
BigNasty on here dynoed 963 (I think). He was running a 66/480 and some 200+ injectors on his and he daily drove his for the most part. You might pm him to get a little more input.

·
11,109 Posts
I just thought about this and I'm not quite sure what HP Eric Brown is running but his compound combo is a 62/65/14 over an S510 and he definantly makes some power to the ground. Also what elevation are you at which would really hurt the spool up on a 64/71 even with good sized sticks. PDI has a big power build up in an 06 mega cab that did 1008hp with an A5K/phat ******* with bullydog/Dr. Perfomance and water/meth.

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I say go for 1000!!!!!!!!
I really have no input but bump for a badass truck! Lol
Thank you sir! :thumbsup:

I just thought about this and I'm not quite sure what HP Eric Brown is running but his compound combo is a 62/65/14 over an S510 and he definantly makes some power to the ground. Also what elevation are you at which would really hurt the spool up on a 64/71 even with good sized sticks. PDI has a big power build up in an 06 mega cab that did 1008hp with an A5K/phat ******* with bullydog/Dr. Perfomance and water/meth.
Well Ive been running an Aurora 5k by itself, at 5280+ ft, for over a year now and havent had any issues with spool or lag. I figured that with ED's wastegate and the 4k over the 480, that the drive pressure would be close to perfect and I could tweek as needed....

·
11,109 Posts
Are you running an aftermarket cam?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
The largest Don has done for me is a Flux 5.6, but he will not do it without some body mods. He said he is willing to try some bigger ones because he recently found out a couple more tricks with the bodies.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts