Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i a fairly new to the diesel industry and i have an '02 with an edge comp box. and i was wondering if i bought another turbo.. if i could connect it and have a double turbo, or if i have to go out and buy a twin turbo kit...
thanks
kwc

·
Registered
236 Posts
ha yeah turbos dont bolt together like that you have to buy a kit or build the pipes yourself.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
468 Posts
do a little searching and then when you have a better knowledge on the subject post up and someone will be willing to help you

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Piping kits can be made if you got the fab skills, if not you can buy kits for around 1200. I'd do a little reading and posting before you run right out and buy twins though. Money can be saved and headaches can be spared!!!! Don't worry, your on the best diesel forum on the world wide web!!! (atleast better than diesel bombers!!!! lol) Hahaha Good luck

Reactions: kbrowning433

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Piping kits can be made if you got the fab skills, if not you can buy kits for around 1200. I'd do a little reading and posting before you run right out and buy twins though. Money can be saved and headaches can be spared!!!! Don't worry, your on the best diesel forum on the world wide web!!! (atleast better than diesel bombers!!!! lol) Hahaha Good luck

i doubt you can get a twin kit for $1200. unless you go to the junkyard and pick out some scabby piping for next to nothing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry if that sounded pretty dumb but im 15 years and just spent life savings on on a cummins, im slowley learning. but thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
i a fairly new to the diesel industry and i have an '02 with an edge comp box. and i was wondering if i bought another turbo.. if i could connect it and have a double turbo, or if i have to go out and buy a twin turbo kit...
thanks
kwc
lets worry about getting some more fuel before you worry about twin turbos... you'll be horribly disappointed if you spend the money it takes to build a set of twins to find out you didn't gain anything except a truck that is laggier than it was before.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Yes I was talking about just the piping. Piping and primary would be around 1880 and for primary, secondary, and piping for around 600hp would be around $2210. But I'd do a little searching before jumping on the twin train... Theres a lot more to it then just bolting some pipes to a couple turbos.

·
Vendor
8,630 Posts
Welcome!!!
For an edge comp and some 100-150HP injectors a single turbo will be fine for most people. Focus on some gauges and a better fuel system so you don't kill your vp44.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts