Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about putting twins on my truck. just wondering what the risks would be engine wise. i dont wanna blow this truck up like the last one.:doh:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
It all depends on what mods you run. Pretty much if you do head studs and watch your gauges you should be ok. I have had 0 issues with mine and you can get my kit from K2 Diesel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gonna do the head studs. and as long as i keep the egts reasonable i should b fine right?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
Yeah, with twins alone EGTs should never be an issue. Smaller nozzles and you should also stay cool enough. If you have an EGT gauge then you should be able to tell when you are getting hot and can back out of it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Smokn05, what happened to the last 6.7?

Hey Comp, any idea when the S480 will be ready? That will be my kit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i blew up my 05 5.9.:doh: im just gonna run the 175 xrt tune and the intake and studs, along w the twins and that it ill be done w the mods. gotta get them b4 my baby is born

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Biggest issue I see with twins is, your gonna want more power. It starts with a tune, the twins, then bigger injectors, modded pump or duals, even bigger injectors, then bigger turbos...its a slippery slope, and if your like me and many guys, it can snowball real fast. Of course f your like me, your aspirations are FAR higher than the wallet is thick. Id have over 1000hp on fuel if the wallet would allow

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biggest issue I see with twins is, your gonna want more power. It starts with a tune, the twins, then bigger injectors, modded pump or duals, even bigger injectors, then bigger turbos...its a slippery slope, and if your like me and many guys, it can snowball real fast. Of course f your like me, your aspirations are FAR higher than the wallet is thick. Id have over 1000hp on fuel if the wallet would allow
:ditto: im afraid of that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts