Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im guna start gathering parts to make my own twin turbo set up i wana have around 700hp to 800hp. I wana do a s300 and s400 turbos, arp studs, 90hp or 120hp nozzles, airdog 150, and maybe water meth or nitrous? How much horse power do you guys think i would be lookin at?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
To make 700-800hp on fuel you will need at a minimum 120hp tips and dual pumps will be a huge help too. You can do it on a single, but you will not have the low rpm fueling power without duals. 700-800 on fuel sounds a whole lot better than that with nitrous or water/meth. I am building my truck to be able to run cool, so no water/meth, and enough horsepower to make anyone happy with a truck on 37's on fuel only.

What you have is a great start. for 700+ I would look into a S480 on the bottom, and a 62 or 64 on top with 120-150tips and dual pumps. With my set up I ran 656HP and had to let off at 2500RPM because we thought a shaft broke(it did not, and I was too scared to try again because I cannot afford a break down). Taking a look at the dyno chart will show my truck was on its way to 700hp+... We will find out in October for sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea if i can get away from running nitrous or watermeth i would love that. I also want my truck to run cool cuz i also use the truck for pulling toyz and trailers. Dual pumps would be so nice if there weren't 2k to 3k for them. I wana try doing it on a single cp3. If all that gave me low 700 numbers i would be happy.

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
yea if i can get away from running nitrous or watermeth i would love that. I also want my truck to run cool cuz i also use the truck for pulling toyz and trailers. Dual pumps would be so nice if there weren't 2k to 3k for them. I wana try doing it on a single cp3. If all that gave me low 700 numbers i would be happy.
They are not $3000 like ATS and other companies say. Call Shane at Wicked and he will sell you ATS' kit for $1550(I think their website says $2000 kit only) and will tell you where to get a Dmax pump for $550 (or $800 if you can't find a core). So if you can get a core you are looking at a tad above $2000 for a dual CP3 set up... Which when you look at built singles between $1800-2000 then it is not a bad deal! :thumbsup:

Edit: forgot to say with my set up my EGT's will barely get above 1200* by the end of a 1/4 stretch. It is all about building it right and not throwing a ton of fuel at an engine that can't clean it up IMO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man appreciate ur help. I might have to give shane a call. Yea my buddy's got a s300 and s400 with 90hp sticks and his hardly gets over 1100!! Cant wait to start building mine! Once again thanks for the help

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,104 Posts
The Dragonslayer pump from Shane is $1695 and can support 850+hp so that's what id look into. If you've got the arson 3 kit you knock $395 off the price. So $1395 ain't a bad deal...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would i run just the dragonslayer or also with my stock cp3 also?

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,104 Posts
When you run a dual cp3 kit it uses a Dmax stock cp3 instead of a cummins cp3 b/c the bearing the pulley rides on is alot stronger than the ones off our truck. But you should be fine with just the Dragonslayer pump. There are guys running 200hp nozzles with a big single S475 makin 10.90's in the 1/4 so it will do you good.

Reactions: nastycummins07

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
how much money to make your own twin turbos? also was thinking about this with the stocker for a top turbo and going with an s400 but where to find the turbo is the question and how much. i can tig my own pipe so that isnt an issue! also when making your own twins do you need to have a wastegate or can you just run some blow off valves?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts