Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i know nothing about multi turbos. could i run a smaller turbo in front of my super b special? For faster spool up and less smoke without taking away top end power . Thanks any and all info would be great. mikeuz

·
Registered
234 Posts
SuperB special is too small for a primary. I have heard of a 66mm on a small towing setup that is even pushing it IMHO. The Special as a single has a better top end that what you are proposing.
Put your stock charger from your 06 over a S475 on your 95, and put your special on your 06 with a 2nd gen manifold and hx40 down pipe. Get the best out of both trucks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I dont have a problem with top end with the S.B.S. , its the low end . I only have 75 hp injectors and its pretty laggy and smokey till about 12 -15 psi. Not so fun to drive if i get in the city traffic, it will clould out 2 lanes if you step on it a bit. I would like to install bigger injectors like some ddp 3 but i am worryed it ill be worse. mike uz

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try some 181s instead of full cuts. Check for any boost leaks.
How is your afc set up? If you have a gutted afc put it back together and manage your low end with it. A proper afc setup will help. I was able to drive a 71mm S300 and ddp4s in traffic with a lot less smoke than you are discussing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently installed 181s, and i have my starwheel pritty tight to try to clean it up. But it still smokes like a pig untill about 12 to 15 psi, unless i winder up first. I dont think there is any boost leaks. But i do have a KN open air filter that i was thinking might be choking it up a little, i was going to change that to see if that might help. mikeuz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts