Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i`ve got a 98.5 24v 4 inch exhaust edge comp module hx35 and rv injectors. I`d like to step it up a notch I was thinking about going with a single super B special but was worried about lag. And i`m not sure what else I should do if I go with twins what size of injectors should I run with twins? any other mods should be done with twins?? or what else would step this truck up??

·
Registered
157 Posts
well if your going to do twins you might wana spend some money in the tranny part. then i have heard of alot of people that run the hx35/40 with a ht3b or a s400 turbo under that with a really good results. also i have read that you couldrun a nice size injectoe up to the 250 but you might wana watch your egt's. but if i am wrong someone please chime in and correct it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Fill out your Sig. so we know what you have.

·
Got P7100?
6,714 Posts
Twins will require a lot more money than a single setup. If you just want a good increase in power with good streetability, id say a 62mm turbo and a set of 150hp injectors would be a good setup.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Twins will require a lot more money than a single setup. If you just want a good increase in power with good streetability, id say a 62mm turbo and a set of 150hp injectors would be a good setup.

which will upgrade to twins nicely.

FYI for OP special is a 64/71/14.

·
Registered
545 Posts
how hot would a 62/71/14 be with 100-150 hp injectors, towing roughly 10-15000 lbs occasionally. also what would the lag be.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
how hot would a 62/71/14 be with 100-150 hp injectors, towing roughly 10-15000 lbs occasionally. also what would the lag be.
I am running almost that exact same set up with a SS 62/13/71 from HTT and DDP 150's and i love it! Virtually no lag what so ever. I however dont tow very often so i wouldnt be able to comment on that

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How are the super B specials for lag? and would i notice a big power difference with 150 as well?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Towing, that's where the street twins shine. Really no matter what turbo setup you have I would say 400 horse is about the most reasonable horse power for towing. Anything above that and heat becomes a problem. I've never run a 300 series turbo as a single just the hybrid 35-40. With the hybrid and a set of 75 horse injectors and ez it was a great towing setup.
With the he351 over 3b and the adrenaline set on level 3 I can tow almost anything I want. I haven't towed with the 200 horse injectors yet but there is enough adjustment in the adrenaline I don't see any problem.
Turbo lag is the main thing I hate about bigger turbos. I ran a hy 35 for quite awhile just for the response it had on the bottom end.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was told when I bought my truck it had RV injectors in it any idea of the hp of those? and would a bd super b special have a lot more lag? or what type of turbo do you recommend?

·
Registered
348 Posts
The single with mine runs great. Incredible spool up with awesome top end. It gets a little toasty at times but nothing too terrible. Usually at WOT its around 1250 to 1300

1 - 17 of 17 Posts