Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I forgot to add to my sig that this is an automatic tranny.

New owner and the truck seems to have a 1-2 gear stutter. I have read similar issues with others that have included press solenoid and transducer replacement.

I have bought this truck from a Dodge dealer and they said they would fix the problem. Per the invoice "Repaired TV Linkage to repair 1-2 shift".

When I drove away the change from 1 to2 felt definitive. Very firm and all higher were very smooth. By the next day the same stutter is back.

Any input as to what a TV Linkage repair on an automatic is ? And what they think my next step would be to correct this problem?

Also they said that this had something to do with an ABS issue in the rear wheels.

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had to bump and update this post....

Need a little input.

It seems if I get on it the problem is almost nonexistent, but way bad at slow acceleration. Now the brake and abs lights are on as the dealer stated.

A little input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks That explains what they were quoting as a repair...I guess. I will have to keep that link much appreciated.

Still trying to figure if this is truly the problem or something more complicated and the relationship to the ABS/Brake light? Any Ideas?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Getoutof, I have the same problem in the 1-2 shift. If I get on the throttle I can't feel anything wrong, but if I go slowly (stop and go traffic) I can feel it. It is almost as if it shifts 2 times, or pauses in the shift. It's an odd feeling.

Mine is a 98 with the 47re. I purchased it with this "problem". 30k miles later and 2 trans fluid changes the problem is still there, and exactly the same. I've learned to live with it, as the rest of the tranny is flawless and I don't want to tempt fate.

If you ever solve your problem let me know.

BTW - my brakes/abs are fine (although the ABS sucks on these trucks.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure will liamfm. The dealer I bought it from said they will look at it again.

If no change I think I will try the solenoid, transducer and filter change. Add a larger pan and consider cutting out the check valve and adding in and out temp sensors plus a loop to a wvo tank.

I can't think of anything else while I'm under there. Any thing else I should hit up that won't kill my wallet...let me know?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts