Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2018 just hit 10000 miles on it and it is deleted. I have had this happen twice already and i have noticed i was parked on somewhat of a incline if it matters. But i will start my truck and a second later turns back off. But go to start it again and starts right up just fine. Any idea what it could be im thinking bad lift pump already at 10000 miles.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
My 14,17 and 18 did that. Deleted or not. My neighbors ‘15 does that. It happens once in a blue moon. Crank, starts, dies. Crank, starts, stays on.

I see electrical problems on here often. At the end of the day I chalk it up to “it’s a Chrysler not a Bugatti” :grin2:

That’s just how I approach these battles.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My truck did the same not deleted and now deleted. Maybe once every 6 months..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I have never had that happen. Not normal.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Have also seen it happen, particularly on inclines when the fuel tank is a quarter to a half full. Of course, when the tank is very low, and the 50-mile is on, this will happen every time.

Maybe it's the fuel level sensor not waking up fast enough and reporting a lower-than-correct fuel level for a short time.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The two times it has done it was on a slight incline. But fuel tank has been pretty much full.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have two Ram 3500s. One auto trans, one manual. (16' & 18' respectively). Never encountered this issue on either vehicles.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Someone had a similar issue, took the dealer a long time to fix it. I think it was while driving and ended up being the turbo doing it. No codes were thrown if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Maybe your tune included this regulation. It shuts off engines in medium duty trucks (and up)after 5 min of idle.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya i talked to tuner all good. It will do it after sitting for hours lol. Im just deleted so doubt dealer will work with me which i dont care for them anyways.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dam truck did it again ignore rail pressure i have to take key out in order to restart if that helps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts