Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 92 has 768,000 miles on it. Well that's when the odometer stopped. Anyway I would like to have a little more power out of it but I'm concerned about damaging the engine by turning the fuel up. What do y'all think? Would I be ok to do it? Or should I just let it be the way it is?
Thanks, Matt!

·
Super Moderator
23,314 Posts
Turning the fuel up won't damage your engine as long as your not blowing smoke. It's your right foot that can damage the engine.

You 92 should have a laggy 21cm turbo housing if you change it to a 16cm housing it will give you more power also.

Are you running the stock air box and muffler?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truck is all stock and original as far as I know with the exception of removing the muffler. I'm worried that the extra fuel/power could hurt the engine with so many miles already on it. It runs great and pulls pretty well now but who doesn't want more power..

·
Super Moderator
23,314 Posts
Drill 2-3 2" holes into the front side of the stock air box will let it breathe better the box is real restrictive on letting air in.

I wouldn't go and put a different gov spring in, giving it more fuel won't hurt it.

If you still have good oil pressure then your bearings aren't worn to much.

Reactions: 92-cummins-06

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The oil pressure is good as long as I keep it topped off! It leaks a little... The only smoke that comes out is on cold start and a little black smoke from time to time. I'll try drilling the holes and turning the fuel pump up. That should quench my thirst for a while. Thanks for the info!

·
Super Moderator
23,314 Posts
Just turn the power screw in 1 turn to see how you like it, just be prepared for runaway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts