Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well you can look and see where I am in the globe right now.. my girlfriend just broke up with me almost a week ago, and im finally starting to be able to function again. (That and I just got through working out). I have leave coming up in May and although I am still depressed over it, that means I have more money and time to play with, especially on leave. I figure a little hp would be a good medicine. :)
I have a Goerend tranny going in right now. My overall goal is 650-750hp, with some dragging, and occasional towing. I think my weapon of choice is going to be the r-700 twins. I know I am going to need some studs for them. What do you guys recommend and will I need springs as well? If you think there is a better turbo set out there for me let me know as well.
Any heads up I should have before starting the project will be helpful as well. I have been skimming over threads on them for a while. It looks like it could easily be done within a couple days. Any objections to that? Thanks for the input. BTW I am looking for dealers for these as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Member "mulisha" will hopefully chime in here for ya. He has a set of R700s on his truck and made 683rwhp with them with some left in it.

Check your 6 while you're over there and thanks for your service!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt so it doesnt fall off the front page will im sleepin

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
I don't really like my Bd twins.... I would go MPI or Wicked Diesels and yes studs as well.
I would do studs and nozzels at the same time.

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
deffinately studs, like stated also do nozzles or full injectors while your in there, and springs depends on how many rpms you plan to turn, but if you have the fuel to crank them up, i would go ahead and do springs to... this is just extra insurance....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
if you are inside the head anyway, do all three, headstufds, valvesprings, and nozzles. I kkind of regret not doing it myself, but not having a plan for what I wanted, + the possibility of the billet output being affordable... I did not have a what next step in mind, hindsight is perfect, so valve springs!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Speedy I just wanted 2 say thanx from a veteran.. What branch and where u going after ur tour??

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey Speedy 15, I think these guys pretty much covered it with doing all three. I just wanted to say that my hats off to you! We are deeply in debt to you for your services. Thanks a bunch and stay safe!! Now go get me some charlies!!!LOL

P.S. If you are ever in southwest Florida and need something drop me a pm, its the least I can do...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't really like my Bd twins.... I would go MPI or Wicked Diesels and yes studs as well.

What dont you like about your Bd twins? Im looking at them but would like to know of any problems.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How hard is it to change out the springs? With the power I am shooting for, would it be pointless to do nozzles when I am going to want whole new injectors?

Im in the Texas guard. After this im going back to Longview to finish my degree and probably checking out of the military.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What specifically did you not like about them and what is it that makes the MPI twins work better for you?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a couple articles about the springs and studs. However my question is now with the injectors. Is it practical to get nozzles when I will be going big later, or will there not be enough fuel to support the turbos for the time being on injectors?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey man. I just wanted to thank you for your service. I know that simple words from someone who hasn't even served in the military don't really do much to encourage or console, but I would still like to offer them. I know that I can't really understand exactly what you go through every day. But there are millions of Americans who are forever in your debt. Don't get confused and substitute the government for the American people. It never has been, and it never will be. We are praying for you every day. Don't ever feel that you are alone because we think of you every day. If you ever need anything please don't be afraid to come on here and ask. I'm in PA, but look me up on here. I garuntee that there are dozens of people on here that would jump at the chance to help you out if you need something. Thanks man, God bless you, and good luck. Come home safe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
thanks for your service. i was also wondering about stunds and springs in the future. planning on getting twins if i can get my truck paid for a lil more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts