Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am ordering my parts going to get my motor into truck driving by the end of next month. What size turbo's do i need to get 650hp. I am going to do Oring the head, valve springs, cam, fluid damp, Need to know what to set the pump cc to? and Which delivery valves, injectors, Will work. Looking to have the option to get some 17mpg or better out of it.

Looking to get good turbos, maybe High tech turbos, They are the only ones i have experance with.
94 12v fully built auto, going into a 95 f350 crewcab

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am going with a 62 over a S480 for my set up,but I am shooting for more than 700hp.We'll see though?I hear good things about the HX35 over a 475 or a HX40 over a 475.These should get the air you need.I have a benched 180hp pump that put out 468cc with stock 181 DV's.That would be more than enough fuel for 650hp.I did install 024 DV and that would bring the pump 500cc or so.

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am going to get the pump rebuilt and benched so i want to figure out what dv, and cc i need to have it at for 600hp and 18mpg or is that mpg a dream

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you set up a set of twin turbos so you have optimum performance.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
How do you set up a set of twin turbos so you have optimum performance.
That can be tricky. You have to have the one turbo quit spooling when the 2nd starts. if you have it setup wrong u can easily over spool one of the turbos. I not sure of what the proper way is to do it so im watching to

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so nobody knows how to do this or havent seen it yet?

·
Registered
189 Posts
That can be tricky. You have to have the one turbo quit spooling when the 2nd starts. if you have it setup wrong u can easily over spool one of the turbos. I not sure of what the proper way is to do it so im watching to
:rof:rof:doh:
so nobody knows how to do this or havent seen it yet?
First whats the MAPs of your turbos?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
you will have to get a sensor that unplugs the first turbo after a certain psi

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
So i am ordering my parts going to get my motor into truck driving by the end of next month. What size turbo's do i need to get 650hp. I am going to do Oring the head, valve springs, cam, fluid damp, Need to know what to set the pump cc to? and Which delivery valves, injectors, Will work. Looking to have the option to get some 17mpg or better out of it.

Looking to get good turbos, maybe High tech turbos, They are the only ones i have experance with.
94 12v fully built auto, going into a 95 f350 crewcab
You will not easily find twins for a swap install.
The top (small) turbo can be: S300G, S359, 62/65/12, 62/65/14, 62/71/14, 62/74/14, 63/68/14.
The big turbo can be a S472 up to a 480 or an HT3B or 4B, or even a k31 detroit. These are just the more common ones for our trucks. It all depends on the exact set-up you need/want.
To get the best performance/MPGs, go with the smallest turbos that will support your fueling comfortably.
Is 650hp just a # you pulled out of the air? or did you calculate thats what you need for some reason?
You dont need to bench a Ppump to get 650hp. but figure about 375cc.

·
Registered
178 Posts
would 64/71/14 be a good top turbo or should i figure on selling it to downsize a little? i love the top end but the lag is starting to get old..

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
650hp I thought would move my 95 f350 pretty well. i am hoping to get some mpg to. But It is not looking pretty for them.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
My sig will net you 600hp +/- 50hp depending on how well it's tuned. Spools good, not a ton of smoke, and I'll bet the mpgs would be decent if I could keep my foot out of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
drothgeb- How many pounds of boost are you pushing with that? I want twins down the road, have to change my head right now, but don't have the extra cash to get the orings done right now.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
mpg wont change much if you keep your foot out of the boost.....and your afc is set correct so its not opening early

think of your afc foot as the secondaries ona 4brl carb, they only open when you want them to

with 5x.016's im still close to my original mpg, im never over 15-20psi on normal driving though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts