Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good turbo for my truck? For towing and all around use? I'm gettin a arson kit and a airdog for fuel but stock inj. :popcorn:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much more will that give me than the stock and how much hp will it support?

·
2,247 Posts
62/71-13, Stainless steel housing HTT turbo is the best investment
I agree, excellent turbo. Installed one the other day on a friends truck and it tows great and drives just as good. Can't tell much difference in turbo lag from stock.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I notice some use the last number 14 rather than the 13 that is recomend here. Whats the difference and what is that number. Is it exhaust wheel or case?

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I notice some use the last number 14 rather than the 13 that is recomend here. Whats the difference and what is that number. Is it exhaust wheel or case?
the number you are questioning is the exhaust housing size.... Some people use old terminology and reference Centimeters like 12 / 13 / 14.... Newer trends speak in millimeters like 70mm or 80mm.... No matter what reference is made the size they are speaking of is the Exhaust housing size.

The turbine wheel or exhaust wheel can also be different sizes inside that number above. In turbos, bigger is not always better.... Larger exhaust flows more reducing EGT's. Smaller spools turbos quicker.... so you need to buy a charger to fit your application.

The 13 Stainless Steel housing from High Tech turbo is the newest designed housing on the market. It is different from any other charger available. When I mentioned in earlier threads that it was the right charger to buy if you think you are gonna go to twins, it is the Exhaust housing that makes it special.

The Stainless Steel 13 housing is unique, it has all the characteristics of a 14CM housing for Flow, but spools like a 12CM housing. Match the wheel inside the housing to your fueling available and you have a WIN / WIN scenario. A charger that is responsive on the street but very happy EGT's when under load and working, whether it be dyno, sled, or trailer on the highway.

There is a bunch of other reasons to look at the High Tech chargers, but the fingers can't get it all down tonight.

They are not the cheapest chargers on the market, but hands down the best for our 5.9Liter Cummins. I would look harder before I bought anything else, if mods are in your future, HTT SS line is the right first step.

JMO

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Is that a good turbo if wanting to do twins later?
yes Gus has told me and brandon @ industrial injection said that the s400 would work perfect!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts