Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is probably a really stupid question but im looking at buying one of those cheap emusa hx40/35 hybrid from ebay,(yes i know its chinese) and im wondering is it possible to put it over top of the stock hx35? or are they to close in size to do a setup like that? im just burning up ideas thats all.

Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hey this is probably a really stupid question but im looking at buying one of those cheap emusa hx40/35 hybrid from ebay,(yes i know its chinese) and im wondering is it possible to put it over top of the stock hx35? or are they to close in size to do a setup like that? im just burning up ideas thats all.

Thanks Ryan
to put it bluntly...no

You put the hx35 on top and put a bigger turbo under it...ebay turbos especially the chinese ones is a no no.

The whole point of having twins is not to have two turbos close to the same size. It is a smaller size turbo spools up fast and feeds the bigger turbo to help spool it up....keep egts down, spool up quick and boost pressures high

search a little...type "twin turbo" or "twins" in the search box and hit go....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
for the price of that china crap you can find a used ht3b and use it for a twin set up with your hx35

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i know a lot of guys on hear hate that chinese junk (and as do i) but ive heard some budjet builds with those turbos making decent power and for 300 bucks thats no to shabby. ht3b? and do you guys know if theres a decent write up on twins.. i cant find one.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Trust me and as many people on here can tell you spend the money and do it right the first time and it will save you a lot of money and headaches in the long run.

·
Registered
236 Posts
how can you tell if the turbo is a knock off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts