Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

turbo

971 Views 14 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  partyshortbusdriver
what is a good turbo for everyday driving and towing with a little fun on the side. was looking a super b and thought about a phat shaft idk just getting some ideas
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,126 Posts
for what you got a super b would be fine

· Registered
1,014 Posts
what is a good turbo for everyday driving and towing with a little fun on the side. was looking a super b and thought about a phat shaft idk just getting some ideas
With your fueling mods now a super b would work nicely but if you add a set of sticks your temps might get up there when towing. I say go with a 62/65/14.

· Registered
585 Posts
mine was not bad on the egt's with the super b.......not great either. Now i am savin pennies for a larger turbo. still trying to decide which one. Proper selection seems to be a art.......so many variables. Still thinking im gonna end up with twins.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will the super b go good with 90-100hp stick my plan is get some in the future with coulpl degrees added timing so would the super b be goo or go ahead with 62/65/14

· Registered
3,126 Posts
i would go ahead and get the 62... it might be alttle laggy now but it will be better once you get the sticks and you could use it in a twin setup later

2,262 Posts
i went with a s300 62/65/12 so i can still spool fast and use it in a twins setup later on, its also alot cheaper then a super b , temps get a little high for me, but ill be puttin a cam in to lower them a bit, 62/65/14 would work better for your application :thumbsup:

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
partyshortbusdriver where did you get your s300 i want something realiable but dont want to spend a fortune

· Registered
3,126 Posts
What do you consider high temps??

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont push it over 1300. me and a buddy has gone 1600 - 1700 in his truck but it got built motor just trying to get more power with out haveing to put money in repairs right away

2,262 Posts
i got mine from a vendor on here, post up what u want in the request a price quote.

I can hit about 1350 degrees if i lay on it hard, but it doesnt hit that high untill im goin about 90 mph, but i really try not to push her too high, im a sally when it comes to that, haha.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
yea im the same way... when i have my marines i hit 1600 no problem. With my current i havent seen over 1500 or so and thats getting it hard

· Registered
1,014 Posts
i got mine from a vendor on here, post up what u want in the request a price quote.

I can hit about 1350 degrees if i lay on it hard, but it doesnt hit that high untill im goin about 90 mph, but i really try not to push her too high, im a sally when it comes to that, haha.
What boost are you seeing? Your temps seem high even with no fuel plate for that size turbo.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
1350.... high??? really

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.