Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

turbo

895 14
I have a 98 5 speed pushing about 35lbs stock. waht turbo should i move up to. i plan on putting at raptor 150 fuel system on it some time soon.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
its a really good idea to get the raptor, youre on the right track! :thumbsup:

fill out your sig, so we know what mods are done to your truck! if you dont have fuelling mods, youll regret buying a bigger turbo first

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i havent really done much to the truck since i bought it. i know im gonna get the fuel system before i get the turbo but i was wondering what would give me the best out put with the fuel system

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
you're not pumping much fuel so id say for now stock turbo will be the best...any bigger and you wont be able to spool it very well...once you get a good hard fueling box and some 150ish sticks, then think about a new turbo

· Registered
6,585 Posts
you're not pumping much fuel so id say for now stock turbo will be the best...any bigger and you wont be able to spool it very well...once you get a good hard fueling box and some 150ish sticks, then think about a new turbo
:ditto: :ditto:

what do you mean "computer redone"

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
advanced timming. turned up fuel pressure. turbo lag taken out. quicker throtel response. pushing 238 hp to te rear on 40 hp injectors and 568ft tq. i think there may be more but i cant remeber.

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
advanced timming. turned up fuel pressure. turbo lag taken out. quicker throtel response. pushing 238 hp to te rear on 40 hp injectors and 568ft tq. i think there may be more but i cant remeber.
get a real chip when you get the lift pump on (like an edge or quad) and you'll have agood solid base for a build:thumbsup:

· Registered
559 Posts
htt ht71 62/13 or htt htb2 64/14, both should give good power but spool quickly.

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
get a real chip when you get the lift pump on (like an edge or quad) and you'll have agood solid base for a build:thumbsup:
Which chip is beeter to get?

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
If your computer has been flashed to add timing you wont be able to use those boxes because they add timing too.

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what if i call the guy who did it and askd him if i could put a box on it?

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
what if i call the guy who did it and askd him if i could put a box on it?
I would definitly do that:thumbsup:

id try and get the details on what was really done...if they did mess with it a bit, couldnt he just get it reflashed at the dealer...then he would be set to rock a good chip:thumbsup:
Yea thats what i would probably do... or put a fuel only box on it with the current flash and see how it responds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.