Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What turbo do u guys think i should go with???

· Registered
6,585 Posts
id run a min. of 200's w/ the super B special...awesome turbo, but it even lags a good deal on mine, and im pushing 240+ injectors at it
really?? i know the compressor is 64mm. but how big is the turbine housing and wheel??

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
64/71/14...the lag isnt too bad but you have to learn hjow to redrive around town (otherwise you are putting out intersections)...in fact, w/ the big injectors i gotta play w/ the box alot cause often times my lag is from too much fuel...6x5 and the thing will takeforever to spool...talk about a smoke show though, i feel like a full on competition puller:lol4:id say 200's would be the best bet w/ it, that's what was recommnded to me, but i got a little greedy

· Registered
615 Posts
hmmmmm how is driving around with 200s and superb special. Is it a pain for it to not smoke and what happens to fuel milage? What about Towing?

· Registered
6,585 Posts
hmmmmm how is driving around with 200s and superb special. Is it a pain for it to not smoke and what happens to fuel milage? What about Towing?
should be a good setup. i get 18+mpg with my 200's. it will be a little smokey till the turbo lights. 200's maybe a little too big to tow heavy with.

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
i run a 240+ w/ the special and it takes some getting used to...there is actually a guy on here who tows w/ that setup...i dont do much in the field of towing but id venture and say that if you are going heavy, it would be pretty toasty...it pretty much hazes all the time too...if you drive it right, smoke is plenty fine...just sucks when it locks out in 2nd and you try to merge cause even w/ the box off, you are putting out the street for a minute or two

· Registered
2,392 Posts
I know this is different from the special with 240's, but with my HTT 62 and 200's and the drag comp on 1x1, smoke is VERY managable. Just a slight haze. Not even enough to linger for more than 6 or 7 seconds. But yet with the box off, it will smoke like my old truck with stock turbo and injectors did with the adrenaline on PL08

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
I know this is different from the special with 240's, but with my HTT 62 and 200's and the drag comp on 1x1, smoke is VERY managable. Just a slight haze. Not even enough to linger for more than 6 or 7 seconds. But yet with the box off, it will smoke like my old truck with stock turbo and injectors did with the adrenaline on PL08
yeah, you gotta play w/ the tunning a lot w/ the bigger sticks and bigger singles...i run 1x5 on the street and that seems to work the best...1x1 would still put out an intersection though:doh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.