Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not plaining on doing anymore mods,but I do wont to know is. if the hx35 or 40 will help out on towing and can I bolt it right up to what I have?

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
id personally pop on the hx35...it will keep things a little bit cooler for ya...a 40 would be nice, but you need to be careful you get the right one...correct wheel sizes, t-3 flange, and a new downpipe...it would be a little more laggy as well...if you are stopping, id say the hx35 would be the best choice for you:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I run a forty with zero probs. Go with a t3 16cm exhaust with a 6 blade if you can get it. Good spool good power. With stock stix I could run my quad on high comp setting with ZERO heat issues While towing 20000lbs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I forgot to add Im getting fbd 100hp injectors.

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
id get the 40 then if you are gonna be running injectors too...stock turbo would get warm w/ normla driving but it would get flat out hot if you're towing...id def lean towards the 40 w/ the sticks

·
Banned
560 Posts
Phat Shaft 62/14

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
a 62 is gonna be laggy, espically while towing w/ only 100hp sticks...if he was running 150's it would be alright but 100's will spin it slow

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the differece between the hybrid and a normal turbo? (Im new at this and still learning)

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
What is the differece between the hybrid and a normal turbo? (Im new at this and still learning)
the hybrid basically gives you the advantage of slighty bigger wheels, more air with a fast spool up, while keeping your factory downpipe...it's like making your stock turbo just a wee bit bigger....here's a link to them:
High Tech Turbo

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks gixxer. its a money thing for me.its like they say money = performance. thinking of the 35.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
a 62 is gonna be laggy, espically while towing w/ only 100hp sticks...if he was running 150's it would be alright but 100's will spin it slow
:ditto: 100's arnt that big, a 62 would be a little over kill. especially if he dosnt have any electronic preformance stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts