Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently plugged my wastegate on my 99 cummins. All i did was pull off the hose connecting the actuator to the turbo, plugged up the hole in the turbo and thats all i did. I heard it would increase some horses. but i don't feel any increase? and my turbo whines instead of whistles if you know what i'm describing. Is there anything wrong with that? And i want to get my truck to blow some black without adding anything because i'm low on money... how could i do that with a simple toolkit?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
unless you ahve more fuel, that extra air won't help you any.
you should be getting some smoke with those injectors anyway along with the ez. my ez on stock injectors laid a nice little puff in 3rd and 4th gear.
but if you want smoke, you need fuel. get a used fueling box. i got my bluechip box used for $125 and it smokes like a train if i want it to.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
what is your boost? by plugging off the waste gate all you accomplish is a little more boost. if you have the fuel to make it, which will in turn decrease your smoke.

i would get a $10 adjustable boost elbow and put that in instead of plugging it off.

now for more smoke, there isn't alot you can do beside bigger injectors, or a more powerful box/ or programmer.

maybe so a smoke switch???? just search smoke switch, you will find a billion threads on it

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
my edge ez didnt do anything at all for me. i didnt even notice a difference with it on or off.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
what is your boost? by plugging off the waste gate all you accomplish is a little more boost. if you have the fuel to make it, which will in turn decrease your smoke.

i would get a $10 adjustable boost elbow and put that in instead of plugging it off.

now for more smoke, there isn't alot you can do beside bigger injectors, or a more powerful box/ or programmer.

maybe so a smoke switch???? just search smoke switch, you will find a billion threads on it
didnt the ez come with a boost elbow? if not i have a brand new one for sale for $10 shipped.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-2nd-gen-all-products/134168-edge-boost-elbow.html#post1437487

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
where are u guys seeing that he has an EZ or injectors??? He has a stock truck practically. It will NOT smoke stock. U need fuel to smoke, as said. If u want smoke, put a plastic bag over the intake. Itll smoke.

Need to pay to play my friend

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
your truck is defueling because you dont have a boost fooler or a chip that does boost fooling. I would hook the vacuum line back up until you get a chip......I got a 60hp bullydog w/ boost fooling for el cheapo if ya interested

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
put a plasic bag over your air cleaner. Then it will smoke all you want.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
where are u guys seeing that he has an EZ or injectors??? He has a stock truck practically. It will NOT smoke stock. U need fuel to smoke, as said. If u want smoke, put a plastic bag over the intake. Itll smoke.

Need to pay to play my friend
weird, in his sig yesterday , he said he had an EZ and 75 horse sticks.:confused013:

·
Registered
400 Posts
put ur wastegate hose back on... just put a hose clamp on the wastegate hose and tighten er down..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts