Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about a turbo upgrade and have been looking at the silver bullet 66. I'm jus curious to know if this would be a good choice with what I have in my sig. Any suggestions would be helpful

·
ACDC Chapter President aka VACAY!
7,765 Posts
Yes! It's a perfect upgrade over stock. I absolutley love it. I have a few videos up on here or check my youtube user name light2556 there are a few of just a copilot and with the new silver 66. Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey 24v-Mason will it still be a good Daily Driver? How much did you pay? I want a better truck that is dependable gets the best mileage we can expect and tows like a train. Would that be good for me?

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts
like mason said its an awsome setup, you will need a pdi manifold, and the 6.7 silver bullet, and it will bolt right on, other then having to lenghten the turbo oil drain hose. You would want head studs also, but you could sell yourwaste gate set up since it wont work on the pdi manifold and get enough money out of it to get some arp 425's. With the right settings on mine, the 66 spools faster then the stock turbo did, but I think the co-pilot has a role in that also.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already the 625's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also the co pilot is for the automatics right?

·
7,765 Posts
You'll like it for towing. Its a very good spooling charger with all stock engines. Perfect for DD. Payed less than 3k for the manifold, gaskets, turbo and smarty sr.
Like KMK said it does seem to spool faster with the smarty tuned right and the Copilot doing it thing. The package as a whole I am completley happy with. It's a fun street truck it's great for towing and im sure my mpg went up (i just cant keep my foot out of it) The Copilot is for autos. With a G56 you can keep her in gear longer to keep your bost up which is pretty much what the Copilot does. (It does alot more ofcource) With a G56 you will be slower against an auto, you wont have to worry if this is just a tow pig/ dyno queen. Not saying you cant shift well enough to play from a street light. I dont know yet where the line is drawn between good towing single and crazy huge single. It amazes me how large some of these guys are going and still maintaining good street manners and excellent towing capabilities.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I really like my HTT set up.

·
7,765 Posts
Have you had problems with II before? Im surging mine but i believe it's a boost leak coming from the factory boot i swapped over.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you get your bullseye from

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts
Don't Do it, Dont get a II turbo. Do a Bullseye Billet 66/83/.90 on a 2nd Gen Steed Speed Manifold.
That turbo will perform better, and be alot better on drive pressure especially with a t4, but with a silver bullet its a direct bolt on turbo, with a 3rd gen manifold.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,220 Posts
Have you had problems with II before? Im surging mine but i believe it's a boost leak coming from the factory boot i swapped over.
Their turbos are to small for a 6.7.

That turbo will perform better, and be alot better on drive pressure especially with a t4, but with a silver bullet its a direct bolt on turbo, with a 3rd gen manifold.
You can get it as a bolt up setup but it wont be on a 2nd gen style manifold. Bullseye is the way to go for a single.

·
7,765 Posts
Can you be more specific please.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,220 Posts
The exhaust side is to small. II uses either a 71mm or the 74mm in the Silver. With a .82 A/R housing. That is a choke point for the 6.7 during heavy load or on the top end. Not to mention II does not offer any larger exhaust housings for their turbo.

If you buy a 66/83/1.0 from Bullseye and you think it is a bit to laggy then you can get the .90 housing from him to tighten it up. Or the other way around assuming DP was a bit high.

My HTT 64/71/.82 on the twins is a huge choke point. But that is life and I just have to monitor it so it does not get out of control.

·
7,765 Posts
Got ya thanks. I needed something better than stock that i can eventually run as a top turbo for a decent compound setup. I figured a decent size single would do just fine. Maybe an S488-S510 might be a good primary?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.