Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want some more smoke, power and quick spooling, i know thats what everyone wants but what upgrades should i do? gonna put head studs, injectors and a turbo, looking to go a little cheaper but use the truck as a daily driver and to haul with. what turbo and injectors should i use, i might want to put twins later but dont have the money now, i would like some lower egt's too, i can peak at aout 1350 now(when im really getting on it) and normally dont go past 1200, dont want to hurt the truck

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
well you could build yourself a set of twins for fairly cheap and reuse your stock turbo, get yourself an HT3B with a 26cm exhaust housing and use the hx35 as the top charger and you should have near instant boost with a setup that is good all around and for towing, but if thats not what you want then a good uprgade would be a say a 62mm from industrial injection, probably about the biggest you might go as a single, you could do a 64mm but may have a tad bit of lag its really up to you, as far as injectors you could go with a 370(5x.012) with the correct spray pattern but for a few bucks more you can get the 435(5x.014) with the correct spray pattern and most of the site vendors here have them for under 450 bucks. and i almost forgot a 62mm would be a very good setup for in twins as the top(small) charger.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, ill try to find an HT3B turbo and do the twin setup, where should i get all the other parts to build the kit from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts