Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

turbo time

1050 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  TURBOLVR
ok guys its turbo time. I have been thinkin about doing a set of twins with my stocker. i want to run some 240hp sticks but now i cant decide on the twins or a single. what do i do. also what would a safe boost pressure be with the stock head bolts torqued to 125ft/lb.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys, i need help i am not sure what to do. i have the cash in hand to get the twins running right now. i just want others opinions.

· Registered
2,183 Posts
you have to be patient young grasshoppa. its the weekend. memorial weekend at that. not everyone is going to be posting as they normally do.

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you have to be patient young grasshoppa. its the weekend. memorial weekend at that. not everyone is going to be posting as they normally do.
:lol4: I just forget. I am stuck at work and all i have is the forum. All those lucky people that are at the lake and camping. I hate work.

· Registered
638 Posts
theres no set boost max for your stock head bolts, cause it all depends on their condition, and your head gasket condition. the bolts could be stretched. lots of guys claim that torqued headbolts can hold as much as studs, which is probably true, but no one wants to risk it.

if you have the coin, definately twin turbo the truck. who doesnt want spool up of a stock turbo, and air movement of a big single. again, money permitting, the bd twins will be able to clean up a set of 240's. or so im told. if not the BD R700 twins will be able to :lol2:

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the cash so i am going to twin turbo and get some 250hp sticks from injector parts. I will torque the bolts to 125ft/lb and run the twins at 50psi till i can stud and o-ring. I just want a nice 1:1 on the boost and drive pressure.

· Registered
638 Posts
is injector parts a very reputable place? i think youll be more than safe at 50+ psi as long as drive pressures are good. once i upgrade my turbo i plan on putting a drive pressure gauge in, just to satisfy my curiosity

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
ok guys its turbo time. I have been thinkin about doing a set of twins with my stocker. i want to run some 240hp sticks but now i cant decide on the twins or a single. what do i do. also what would a safe boost pressure be with the stock head bolts torqued to 125ft/lb.
def twins....to me you are waste'n power/fuel with that big of an injector and a single turbo....

i wouldn't run anymore than 50psi till you get studs, and the o-ring...

· Registered
1,092 Posts
If you drive with Common sense, you can get away with 55-60 psi with headbolts re torqued.

if i were you i'd buy a 62 now then add a bigger turbo later on:thumbsup:

· Registered
178 Posts
What type of pressure guage suould a person use for druve pressure being it is HOT!! Im asssuming the addraniline wont monitor this

· Registered
1,209 Posts
Any reason why your doing injector parts stuff? You get what you pay for and going cheap on injectors isn't the safest move. Heard alot of horror stories ofcheap nozzles breaking and F ing the piston.

· Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any reason why your doing injector parts stuff? You get what you pay for and going cheap on injectors isn't the safest move. Heard alot of horror stories ofcheap nozzles breaking and F ing the piston.
i have heard several good things about their products. This is the first time i have ever heard anything bad about them.:confused013:

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
IMO the hx35 is a little small for the secondary when your gonna be runnin that big of a injector. What do you plan on running for the primary?

· Registered
274 Posts
I think that running 240's or 250's or watever your wanting to get is going to do nothing but waste a lot of fuel and and money. My friend put 240's from farmboysdiesel on his and every where he goes it just blacks out the street. I like black smoke but hell he cant go nowhere with out it just pouring out.

· Premium Member
8,065 Posts
I think that running 240's or 250's or watever your wanting to get is going to do nothing but waste a lot of fuel and and money. My friend put 240's from farmboysdiesel on his and every where he goes it just blacks out the street. I like black smoke but hell he cant go nowhere with out it just pouring out.
Any injector can blow smoke if you just mash the pedal. I DD/tow with InjectorParts 250s and have no issues with them (sans the Idle haze which all 200+ injectors have) and can smoke or not at will. Some injectors do just smoke and run crazy hot, I have not had this problem with these and they actually run smoother than the Jammer 100s they replaced.:thumbsup:
I built a set of twins for a guy with Mach 6s and comp with HX35/Garrett 76 and he DDs it with NO issues and can bury a 60psi gauge easily. The 35 is modded to keep DP down but the 56mm inducer isnt posing a problem at this level.:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.