Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents, got an old 12v off a friend for cheap and I’m trying to keep it very budget friendly. As suspected the turbo is blown. I plan to keep the truck stock for the most part, if I did anything I would add a little fuel later but nothing crazy. I’m running a stock trans so I wouldn’t do any fuel mods that could compromise the stock tranny. Looking for some recommendations...

Looking for something I could just swap out with my old one without having to make any modifications

One I had my eye on was the PDR hx35...?? Thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
K27 is a solid upgrade IMO. Should spoil close to stock from what I’ve read. Or just rebuild the HX35 unless it’s damaged the compressor housing. You could also check classifieds for people ditching theirs for an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
I've been using the PDR HX-35 for quite some time. The first one, with roughly 300k on it was replaced when I rebuilt this engine. It was still serviceable and was sold. There is 450k on this engine and I have no need for another one yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K27 is another one I was looking at. But that’s good to hear that you had such good luck with the PDR hx-35.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts