Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i took out my silencer ring i noticed some play in the impeller shaft on my stock turbo on an 05 is there a bit or should i be gettin a new one asap dodge dealer was no help on this.

·
Diesel Head
1,546 Posts
Firstly, go easy when checking for play. Secondly, some play is normal. Excessive play isn't. Are you getting any bad noises? Does the turbo sound clean at shutdown? No ticking or anything when shutdown?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no noise yet but i hardly touched it and it moved there is one spot it looks like it may have even touched the housing

·
Diesel Head
1,546 Posts
I see you have a boost fooler. Do you have any extra fueling and how many miles on turbo and how many times have you been at 30+ psi?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see you have a boost fooler. Do you have any extra fueling and how many miles on turbo and how many times have you been at 30+ psi?
I have a diablo preditor set on performance and it runs 43 psi at wot stock the truck ran at 30 to 34 psi truck has 170 000 kms dunno what that is in miles

·
Diesel Head
1,546 Posts
Well, you've got quite a bit of mileage on her, especially if you hit 42-43psi alot. Isn't there any turbo gurus near you who can check her out for ya? That psi is more than the stocker is meant to handle. Out of it's efficiency range and drive pressures are probably high.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont really think 170 is high considering it had warranty to 160 from the factory. took it to dodge they said drive it and if it blows my extended warranty would cover it but for now i think the boost fooler will come out till i know for sure

·
Diesel Head
1,546 Posts
It isn't high in normal applications. It's high if you've been working the turbo out of it's range it was designed to operate at. Know what I mean?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i get ya like runnin a two stroke lean it guna blow sooner than later :thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts