Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, well i just saw the article on the 6.7 that PDI built. They used a 5.9 3-Piece manifold. What i am wondering is, would our VGT mount up to that flange wise? My thoughts are this, a person could get a twin setup that uses the stock turbo. Flip the 5.9 manifold upside down as done on the other trucks and mount the VGT as the Primary (top) and then use a larger turbo for the secondary, thus keeping the E-brake and VGT in tact. The engines are very close to the same so the plumbing for a twin setup on an 07 5.9 should work with just a little mods to mate to the VGT. Anyways, Please anyone that knows the 5.9 setups may let me know if i am missing something or maybe the turbo flanges are very different.:peelout

Maybe something like this setup?
Twin-Turbo Kit for Dodge Cummins- Diesel Power Source

·
Registered
721 Posts
Looks promising! Don't know if my wife would let me, but it shows some serious potential. You'd diffidently have to get bigger injectors and a modded CP3. Seems out stock turbo's keep up with the fueling now, can't wait till they have twin CP3's out, then I'll really start thinking about these kind of mod's.

·
Registered
209 Posts
5.9 dual fuelers should work on our trucks. as far as the 3 piece manifold thatd be a way to get rid of the egr cooler.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If only i could afford a modded CP3 as well as a Airdog/FASS along with the twin setup. Then i would be set. Only about $5k.........................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts