Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does the 66 71 that all the aftermarket sellers work on 12 valves. Is that a good large single turbo before going to twins. My reason for asking why is i work at a mack dealer and found found a borg warner s300 that measures that size. The turbine housing is bad and way too large. I found a company that does all turbo stuff and he has a 12cm housing. Is that housing too small? I believe that is the stock size on the hx35. Thanks for the information.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that it is going to be too large for a twin setup. My question is the 12cm housing going to be too small? Also is the spoolup going to be sluggish or comparitive to stock? thanks

· Registered
3,126 Posts
well i got a 64/71/14 and it starts building at 1800-2000 and once it lits it gets to 45 quick

· Registered
364 Posts
Too big for a set of twins.. Could work as a single though. Might need a bigger housing than 12 cm though.. I'm not to sure, other should chime in..
I have a friend that had a 66 for his top charger for the longest time and it worked great

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys. Im really hoping that it will work. I got a smoking deal on it and tomarrow the housing should arrive. Im going to try it out and see what is what. I really would love to make a set of twins but i dont know how hard it is to make them. I guess if someone has some time a welder and access to flanges it shouldnt be too difficult. Just to make sure that everything fits and not to get in a hurry. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.