Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Turbo Questions?

695 10
ok so i wanna eliminate the turbo lag out of my stocker and dont have the money to just get a new one..so

wastegate should i go banks or bd
boostfooler should i go bd or quad
and then i figured i might as well get a boost elbow

so that should pretty much eliminate the turbo lag right?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
1,302 Posts
if i had a 03 i would go tst asoum tuner for that year

· Registered
1,031 Posts
if you think this turbo has got lag ur in a world of trouble cause it really only gets worse even a 62 doesnt spool faster than a stocker maybe same but i doesnt spool any notibly quicker

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i guess its not turbo lag then cause it seems to run fine..i just wanna get as much boost as possible out of it

· Registered
327 Posts
i wouldnt go over 50psi or your gonna blow a head gasket im runnin 45psi now & its been good any more and i think your gonna have some issues

· Registered
317 Posts
A stock turbo from what I understand is only good to about 30-35PSI then it starts pushing hot air and actually makes your EGT's go up some. I pretty sure that is what happens but I'm sure some of the other people will chime in and give you a better answer than that.

· Registered
476 Posts
What you are calling turbo lag will be taken care of once you get the Smarty jr that is in your sig. I think it boost fools so you shouldn't need one of those. However I needed one and the sr claims to boost fool up to 44psi. I wouldn't spend the money on a big head waste gate. Just drill the tamper proof hole on the waste gate rod and shorten it up until you are making around 40psi under load. A boost elbow will help keep your waste gate from creeping open prematurely also.

· Registered
169 Posts
im seeing up to 40psi stock and the same when i turn on my juice. is this safe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.