Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv'e been reading around and if im right i think ive seen people on here say if you have a programmer and injectors you need a bigger turbo? :confused013:

is this true? the reason being i plan on running a

fass fuel system
90/150 hp injectors
Edge juice stacked w/ MP8
exhaust and intake

any input would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Well, if you want to keep your truck running, get a bigger turbo. If you wanna melt it down, keep the stock one.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if you want to keep your truck running, get a bigger turbo. If you wanna melt it down, keep the stock one.
what would you suggest power upgrades and not have to go bigger turbo?

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
90's are a pretty big injector for an 04.5 up truck that requires a decent sized turbo upgrade and 150's would require an even bigger turbo or twins to keep cool.
Do some searching on turbos and see what people are running for nozzles and that should help you figure out wich way you want to go.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
90's are a pretty big injector for an 04.5 up truck that requires a decent sized turbo upgrade and 150's would require an even bigger turbo or twins to keep cool.
Do some searching on turbos and see what people are running for nozzles and that should help you figure out wich way you want to go.
i see in your signature you have 90's what all did you have to do to keep up with them? your signature is about what i want to do to my truck :thumbsup:

any input would be great thanks

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
i see in your signature you have 90's what all did you have to do to keep up with them? your signature is about what i want to do to my truck :thumbsup:

any input would be great thanks
I ended up getting a Special from a guy that was looking to downsize for twins, so I had been hearing that the size of the Special handled 90's very well so thats what I went with. Dont forget to do a cp3 upgrade when or before you install them. I went with the Arson III and could tell a diference after I installed it and that was before the nozzles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting a Special from a guy that was looking to downsize for twins, so I had been hearing that the size of the Special handled 90's very well so thats what I went with. Dont forget to do a cp3 upgrade when or before you install them. I went with the Arson III and could tell a diference after I installed it and that was before the nozzles. :thumbsup:
if i did 50 Hp injectors will i be fine with a stock turbo and stock cp3?

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
why do u want to run injectors with stock turbo so bad. You could run 50s it would be hot but you can hit 500hp on a stock turbo without bigger injectors

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why do u want to run injectors with stock turbo so bad. You could run 50s it would be hot but you can hit 500hp on a stock turbo without bigger injectors
well im new to diesel world and its not that i want to so bad its just more me finding out what is safe and what can be done.. in the future i will def. have a bigger turbo but for right now i wanna see like 550 or 600 and what i see on some people's signature is that it is possible.. so im trying to see what i can and cant do to make the most horsepower . :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
well im new to diesel world and its not that i want to so bad its just more me finding out what is safe and what can be done.. in the future i will def. have a bigger turbo but for right now i wanna see like 550 or 600 and what i see on some people's signature is that it is possible.. so im trying to see what i can and cant do to make the most horsepower . :thumbsup:
I feel u on trying to figure out what is safe. Before you can even think about making 500+ hp your gonna need some tranny work. It sucks spending the money for tranny stuff but in the long run itll save you.

And the juice is fun starting out but I when I went to the smarty it was a whole different animal. Might be something to look into if your wanting a lotta hp

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel u on trying to figure out what is safe. Before you can even think about making 500+ hp your gonna need some tranny work. It sucks spending the money for tranny stuff but in the long run itll save you.

And the juice is fun starting out but I when I went to the smarty it was a whole different animal. Might be something to look into if your wanting a lotta hp
just talked the wife into letting me do my tranny :party018: i showed her the slip % on the EDGE and i told i her i def. needed to fix it because it was really bad:rof but ima add in a input shaft and VB but SHHHH.... she thinks im just getting a TC :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
After you do some trany mods and sure it up, I would look into a turbo upgrade before you went bigger on injectors because your running 35" tires and that alone will make your egt's higher, put 50's or 90's in there with a stock turbo and your egt's are going to be through the roof.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Do you do much towing with your set up? if so how does she do?

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
Do you do much towing with your set up? if so how does she do?
I did before the nozzles and Special but my race car is down and I havent had the need to hook up to my trailor yet. I'm sure its going to be interesting because its a 30' enclosed hauler with all the bells and whistles and its got a bit of weight to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts