Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the tell tales signs on the 07.5 that the turbo is goin to crap mine sounds like a valve in it is sticking

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
lots of smog..clogged DPF...HIGH EGTS...basically the variable geometry charger controls a lot more then then just air intake and youd be sputtering

·
Registered
479 Posts
Tell-tale sign is the 2262 code. My truck actually ran about the same when the turbo was going bad. Still boosted and EB still pulled hard. There's another guy who had a turbo noise at shutdown but I don't know if they figured out his problem yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got the p2262 today. Does this pretty much mean I'm destined for a new turbo, or will the stealer just clear the code and say "drive it"??

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it's your first p2262 they'll prob. want to drill, tap and clean it first. If u get it again they might replace it. That's what their doing with mine anyway!!!!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Same here. They are tapping mine Thursday. The P2262 code comes and goes and all they say is make sure you drive with the EB on. Pretty good answer........:w:

·
Registered
112 Posts
About the drill and tap - My dealer says 'We don't do that here!'. They just replace. Made me happy when I joined the new turbo club at 6800 miles. Seems wrong to drill a hole in the housing and squirt cleaner in. I say find a different dealer.

·
Registered
355 Posts
haha i got the p2262 code and MIL light and cleared it with my sc flashpaq :w: and it came on so i took it to the dealer and they just replaced my turbo no questions asked...all under warrenty thank god :hyper: and that was around 6500mi. on the truck (now has 11500) but i couldnt really tell a difference it was boostin fine but my eb would cut out in 4th but anyways i havnt had a problem since they replaced it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guys join the club. I had my Turbo replaced at 10,000 miles on my 2007 6.7! If your truck starts to jerk and have loss of power in lower speeds your turbo is clogged. Mine got so bad it started making noises and the engine sounded like it had a gorilla in it. My biggest question is will I have to replace it every 10,000 miles! Should of got the 5.9!

·
Registered
39 Posts
had mine replaced last summer 4-5k in. getting ready for the clean out procedure now at 20k. Kinda of a bull**** fix if you ask me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I decided to just clear the p2262 code for now. If it comes back in the next little bit, I'll have to schedule a turbo cleaning/replacement under warranty. As everyone else has said, I sure hope that this doesn't become a regular maintenance issue. I wonder if they may come out with some sort of consumer turbo maintenance kit... 20 bucks every year, clean out the turbo and go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
yeah, but i barely got 6 months from mine... now that its hotter i am curious to see if i have to do this again in 3 months or what. can't be good for the life of engine to be choked down like that with clogging turbo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
for the 2262 code chrysler wants the technician to remove and inspect/clean all the emissions realated components on top of drilling and taping the turbo. We have to remove the egr valve, egr cooler, egr cooler bypass valve. all the sensors in the exaust. its like 8 hours plus worth of work. if this isn't done the soot that accumulates on the egr and the egr cooler can later become dislodged and accumulate somewhere else such as the turbo..... It is also highly reccommended to drive with the exhaust brake on. The actuator on the turbo that allows it to boost also activates the exhaust brake, if it continuously moves back and forth it will keep the soot from accumulating and binding up the actuator, so chrysler says.

·
Banned
706 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My truck is making a high pitch squeel when I really get on it or when I let off the gas and the eb kicks on any ideas what it is and it sounds like it is coming from the turbo also put a cai on this two days ago and the squeel stopped but still does it everynow and then now also when I took my old intake off my turbo was filthy with black soot any ideas?

·
Registered
116 Posts
it seems to me from everything i read and research the only problems at all with the 6.7 is just the emissions stuff killing the truck slowly

·
Registered
176 Posts
They did the same for me, Apparently it was good when the tech was driving, but by the time they drove it around front for mt the code was back on, and a new turbo was in next week. Approx 90km

·
Trusler the Hustler
677 Posts
my stock turbo started taking a dump and under heavy WOT it would lose all boost and youd have to let out of it, itd make a huge barking noise and the entire nose of the truck would dive, then you get back into the throttle and itd be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 07.5 with a 6.7. we are having alot of problems with it. all kinds of codes. one code is saying high and low fuel pressure we have had several problems with the dpf. now its fogging when you accel and spits and sputters smoke smells like raw fuel. We are getting the run aroung by dodge. they dicked us around till the warr. was gone now no help from them. They never installed a new turbo or the tipm. I will get back with a list of codes if some one could plese help that would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my THIRD turbo installed at 61,000 miles. Last one was only 14 months old and the bearing froze up suddenly. Like OK when parked on Tuesday, noise upon startup on Wednesday and locked up 30 miles later. I'm wondering if I ought not to get out of this truck before I have to replace one out of warranty. Dealer charges $2K+ for replacement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts