Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

turbo or pump on its way out?

531 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  1baddiesel
The past few times I have hauled my backhoe when running up a hill I can hear my turbo sounding like its spooling up and down almost as if it was missing. could my lift pump be getting weak and under a hard load at 70 im running out of fuel to the cp3? I also noticed at around 1500 rpm lugging a little when pulling the turbo starts to bark bad and almost as if the trucks cuttin out but it only does it under load. I have my smarty tnt-r on sw3, tq4, tm2 and my dr.p on mild preasure. This just started recently for no reason. Im geussin pump what yall think?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
late night bump for a little help

· Registered
315 Posts
Is it "surging?" Quick up down surge of a couple pounds on a gauge can be common, depending on turbo and fuel combo.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have any gauges. when at say 1500 rpm lugged down pulling it will start barking the turbo realy bad and the truck jerks like a gas truck running out of gas. this is also my stock turbo on the truck with 66k miles on the truck. but when pulling a hill running 70 the turbo sounds like its spooling up and down almost istantly until you get to the top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.