Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i have a little extra cash to play with now and am looking to give my truck more towing/overall performance. Would a turbo off a newer dodge be any better then my some what stock turbo? What about a small semi turbo? im seeing about 32psi with my turbo now. Would that go up with a newer dodge turbo? still dont have head studs. Thanks guys.:peelout

·
Registered
701 Posts
hey guys.. i have a little extra cash to play with now and am looking to give my truck more towing/overall performance. Would a turbo off a newer dodge be any better then my some what stock turbo? What about a small semi turbo? im seeing about 32psi with my turbo now. Would that go up with a newer dodge turbo? still dont have head studs. Thanks guys.:peelout
talk to richard at coaltrain diesel performance. he will set u up with something at a great price

·
Registered
661 Posts
since you have a 12cm housing i dont think it would be worth it to get a turbo off of a newer dodge cuz the hx35 has a 54 or 56 mm inducer wheel im not sure on that one but its not a big difference then a h1c cuz i think it also has a 54 mm wheel

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Speaking of compressor size, I read that the non i/c baby H1C compressor size is 50mm. Is that true???? I bought a stock new S300 for mine. It is not together yet so I don't know how it is. I think if you want more air you should get a 62mm S300 turbo. My stock S300 is 57 I believe. Other options are a pdr master power ( Heard a few bad things on master power ) HX35/40 hybred. You can get a upgrade compressor for your turbo somewhere. Htt used to make one but do not offer any more. PToombs Knows another company that offers a upgrade for H1C. A big semi turbo would be a dog because it would take lots of fuel to spool up. I think a cat c7 3126 ( corect me if I am wrong ) uses a S300.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Speaking of compressor size, I read that the non i/c baby H1C compressor size is 50mm. Is that true???? I bought a stock new S300 for mine. It is not together yet so I don't know how it is. I think if you want more air you should get a 62mm S300 turbo. My stock S300 is 57 I believe. Other options are a pdr master power ( Heard a few bad things on master power ) HX35/40 hybred. You can get a upgrade compressor for your turbo somewhere. Htt used to make one but do not offer any more. PToombs Knows another company that offers a upgrade for H1C. A big semi turbo would be a dog because it would take lots of fuel to spool up. I think a cat c7 3126 ( corect me if I am wrong ) uses a S300.
what have you heard bad about the power master turbo from pdr????

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
On other sites I have read that some blow up soon. They may be pushing them more that they are made for. I read a couple of guys that were upset. But there may be 1000 others out there that work great. You only hear about the bad ones. They are inexpensive at around 500 bucks. You get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
The HTT Super 40 is a solid turbo that works well for towing. It does not like to be barked so hot rodding a manual trans truck with this may not be good for the wallet. If you use it for what it was designed for, it will hold up well and keep things cool. It does have the 4" exhaust flange so it's not going to be a direct bolt-up, but then the CAT c-7 turbo isn't either.

On that note, the CAT "S" turbo has a waste gate that is postioned wrong for our trucks application, so the exhaust casting would have to be changed to position the actuator differently to clear our engine. HTT can do this. In looking at the CAT C-7 engine at this moment, I don't see how the actuator would clear our engine block, let alone a heat ex changer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts