Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm currently running an hx35 hybrid with a 14cm exhaust housing...this thing seems to lag a little too much for my liking and was looking for ways to increase the spool time.

is just that i'm not pushin enough fuel thru? i'm running an edge comp and bd 155hp injectors. and hopefully by the end of next week i'll have my superchips off ebay to use since i don't have the funds to buy a smarty:lol3:

would i be right in assuming the superchips since it will help on the low end that it will in essence help spool the turbo slightly better?

just lookin for some input here....my brother has an 01 5spd that has an adrenaline and that thing spools way quicker than mine does.

or would like bigger injectors work? with the sticks i'm running now my egt's never get above 1350:thumbsup

i'd really like to try propane but that's for another day :rof:rof but again any advice or thougts welcome:beer:beer

......................... .....
i think superchips adds timing, and so does the edge, that's a recepie to break something expensive

as far as spool time, my hx40 has a 16cm housing, stock sticks, edge juice.....

it helps with the 2wd though

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think superchips adds timing, and so does the edge, that's a recepie to break something expensive

as far as spool time, my hx40 has a 16cm housing, stock sticks, edge juice.....

it helps with the 2wd though

the superchips does add timing but i'm not too worried i was watching a video of a guy doin a burnout with his edge juice and a hypertech so i'll give it a shot...mainly cuz i hopefully am getting it for cheap:thumbsup

just another question tho how is the lag with that 16cm housing...it's gotta b quite a bit isn't it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so do you guys think that increasing the fuel would help with spool up? i might start reading up on a diy propane kit....but excluding propane from this discussion, would more fuel increase spool time any? i just put on a bhaf today and it looks so sexy under the hood:lol3:

Registered
The smarty is nice and spools real quick

Diesel South
the superchip will not stack with the edge, its too much timing and the truck will run like crap !! i would say you should check your I/C boots and make sure they are all tight and there is no holes in the driver side lower one! that turbo shouldn't be that laggy with those sticks! what lift pump you runnin?

......................... .....
laggy is an opinion, when are you making boost. i think your truck had an hy35 before you upgraded. hy35 has a 9 cm housing, makes tons of boost just off idle. also maxes out quickly.

i think an hy35/hx40 would make a nice set of twins for a mild truck, no one seems to think so though, i wish i could have afforded to keep my hy35, i would have liked to try it.

Go for Broke
too much fuel down low will make it spool slower

Registered
hey i'm currently running an hx35 hybrid with a 14cm exhaust housing...this thing seems to lag a little too much for my liking and was looking for ways to increase the spool time.

is just that i'm not pushin enough fuel thru? i'm running an edge comp and bd 155hp injectors. and hopefully by the end of next week i'll have my superchips off ebay to use since i don't have the funds to buy a smarty:lol3:

would i be right in assuming the superchips since it will help on the low end that it will in essence help spool the turbo slightly better?

just lookin for some input here....my brother has an 01 5spd that has an adrenaline and that thing spools way quicker than mine does.

or would like bigger injectors work? with the sticks i'm running now my egt's never get above 1350:thumbsup

i'd really like to try propane but that's for another day :rof:rof but again any advice or thougts welcome:beer:beer

do not buy the superchips! even if its cheap, save your money for a smarty. it will stack with the edge. and you ll be happy. the superchips you ll just have to sell it later.

why do you think your getting it so cheap.

i had a superchips, i paid 425 new, i had to sell it for $200 less than a year later. cause nobody wants em.

do you want though, its your money and headgasket.

Registered
Check all of you're intercooler boots, make sure they're tight and no holes. going back to a 12cm (stock) housing will definatly help you spool quicker. The altitude I'm at I couldn't run the 14 housing.

The smarty isn't all that good for 2nd gens, sell the edge and get an Adrenaline, seriously.

Registered
Check all of you're intercooler boots, make sure they're tight and no holes. going back to a 12cm (stock) housing will definatly help you spool quicker. The altitude I'm at I couldn't run the 14 housing.

The smarty isn't all that good for 2nd gens, sell the edge and get an Adrenaline, seriously.
its better than a superchips. if he dosent want to spend the $$ on a smarty, i seriously doubt he will want the adrenaline.

DieselAutoPower.com
its better than a superchips. if he dosent want to spend the $$ on a smarty, i seriously doubt he will want the adrenaline.
Seems like the Adrenaline is the ticket in this case.

Sell the edge, apply the money you get off it with the money for the superchips towards a adrenaline. Get everything you want in one package. :thumbsup

Registered
I would wait and buy what you really want. I bet you wouldn't have to wait that much longer if you would just save you money for now. Take that from a guy who buys everything at a moments notice.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know how i should really be spending my money on this stuff....but like i'm known to do i do it wrong the first time so i can do it right the second time....another words i'm kind of a stubborn a**hole :lol3:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
or what i really should do is put that money towards a homemade propane kit....that's what i've been trying to avoid but oh well :lol3: what i really need is a gf:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.