Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I am pulling a hill I can hear my turbo boost going up then down that's about the only way I can put it I got 5inch exhaust and can hear it pretty good and it does only when pulling steep hills or a load anyone know what cause this?04.5 cummins

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Hard to say with no gauges. Could be a fuel issue. If it's not getting fuel, boost will suffer. Maybe someone else will have some more helpful input but with no gauges I don't know where to point you....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
15,609 Posts
Hard to say with truck information either. What you describe is compressor but on a stokc turbo that is not common. Can happen if you are over-tired and under geared with too large exhaust I guess.

Need way more info on truck setup and mods to even guess. Without gauges there is no guarantee you are hearing anything other than harmonics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Im going to think more simple here. On my Mega I can hear the turbo spool up then down slightly because the engine is defueling. Assuming you have stock programming and stock turbo that may be what you hear (which is normal). Unless its a significant change in turbo sound youre hearing then, yes there may be an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts