Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on throwing a set of 100hp or 150hp injectors in my truck before too long, not for sure which one I will go with yet, I am having a hard time making up my mind, But to the point, here is my question to you all:

*If I decide to go with 100hp injectors What brand turbo and what size specs should I go with??

*If I decide to go with 150hp injectors What brand turbo and what size specs should I go with??

Also, what brand head studs should i go with as well becuase I know that I will need them. Thanks for the help yall!!!!

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
You wont necesarily need the head studs with a setup like that.

I would go with a set of 150s and a 62mm charger.... you will be wishing you did if you go with 100s.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wont necesarily need the head studs with a setup like that.

I would go with a set of 150s and a 62mm charger.... you will be wishing you did if you go with 100s.
I wouldn't need head studs with 150's and a turbo on top of my drag comp??

What estimated boost would i be hitting with that set up in your opinion?

· Registered
1,419 Posts
I would say around 40ish. That would put you right at the limit of needing studs. If you really want studs, then go with ARP. Give you a peace of mind atleast. I know a shop who always has them in stock, pm me if you would like details.

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
You can wastegate it to whatever you want. I would wastegate it to about 40psi and wouldnt worry about it. A 62 should pretty much clean up 150s set to 40psi. I dont have headstuds in the truck in my sig and havent had a problem with it. I have the wastegate set to 42psi and have seen spikes up to 50. It still smokes quite a bit @ wot, but im gonna retorque the stock bolts to 125 ft lbs and crank the boost to about 50psi here soon.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump on other opinions....

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I 4got to put this info in the 1st post....I haul some heavy stuff so it would need to be a good turbo for that....

· Registered
2,392 Posts
I wouldn't need head studs with 150's and a turbo on top of my drag comp??

What estimated boost would i be hitting with that set up in your opinion?
I run everything listed in my sig, and it's pretty similar to yours. I see 40lbs max, and that's where the waste gate is set at. You won't need studs just yet, but you will want to retorque your head bolts.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run everything listed in my sig, and it's pretty similar to yours. I see 40lbs max, and that's where the waste gate is set at. You won't need studs just yet, but you will want to retorque your head bolts.
What would i want to retorque my head bolts to??

· So God Made a Farmer..
2,042 Posts
a lot of guys just run the head bolts to 125 pounds. thats the max torque specs for stock head bolts.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about as far as the brand of the turbos?? I know HTT and II are some good ones. What do you guys prefer, iknow that there will be different opinions on this....lol

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What kind of HTT turbo are you running and where did you pick it up at??

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I get a new HTT turbo, I know that an HX40 downpipe is required. Does the new turbo come with a flange or do I have to buy a new 4inch flange or how exactly does that work??

· Registered
918 Posts
All High Tech 62mm and up come set up for an HX40 downpipe. I am not sure about the HTBG series as I have no experience with them. All you will need to install is the new HX40 downpipe and a v band clamp. Most pipes come with the clamp but some don't. You may also need a 4" to 5" adapter to hook into your existing exhaust.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What if I were to go with 200hp injectors....what turbo....I am assuming a 64/??/??....

also would this do ok with towing every now and then.....

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just worried about towing with the 200s and also the fuel milage....stuck between f1
150s and 200s but If I think that I would ever want 200s down the road, I would rather spend the extra $100 now for the 200s instead of tryin to sell my 150s later and then buying new 200s.....would have more money tied up in it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.