Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Wonder how much one of those 12 inch Rampads (!) cost to replace... I worry more about those than Turbos.
Cheaper than replacing an 8.4” radio for the 2013-2018’s. You can find the screen or the radio module (depending which one is defective) easily for ~$600. I’ve got a few of the 12” screens laying around. By the time you’re out of warranty, there’ll be plenty of wrecked trucks to pull them from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wish the 12 inch rampad would’ve died instead of the turbo. I’m sure if that would’ve happened that part wouldn’t be available either. One day I’ll get the truck back, one day. Total BS with FCA.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
This stuff makes me wanna drop this thing lol

Front end clunk
Body mounts (maybe the same thing as above)
Hood shaking
Cold start death noise from the fan area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
View attachment 905488 Still waiting for a turbo and my turdhorn back.
Be prepared to wait. FCA is slow. Especially with the Wuhan Coronavirus lockdowns...

My lemon went to the dealer in November and was there for 2 months before I got approved for buyback...

and I still don’t have a truck.😵

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Apparently these new turbo’s are stored in the Ark of the Covenant. They are saying one is at their distribution warehouse, but Ray Charles can’t seem to find it to ship it out.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
^ Simply amazing...in a bad way.
Chebby dealer did take 8 weeks to fix my transmission in my company truck last year, 3 separate attempts, in their defense, lol.
What kinda loaner do they have you in? Hope they at least gave you one.
I felt that having a loaner vehicle was actually one of the reasons they didn't take even longer....because they said so, when I ran up about 6k miles on the first loaner and they brought another new replacement before they had 10k miles on the first one!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
All the manufacturers seems to be ridiculous anymore. This half ton they gave me is a step above useless.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
^ Hopefully you don't have big stuff to tow, but otherwise I'd consider it a fine gesture to have a free, new truck to drive around. Look on the bright side!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I didn’t intend for this to be a bashing post or negative in any way. Just wanted to let people know of an issue I have with a 2019. It just sucks when people lose a new purchase for any period of time due to failure.

·
Registered
800 Posts
No they didn't.

It became an arguing point when it came to them approving the buyback. They eventually offered me one later on, but I had already reregistered the 2004, which cost me $300...

I didn't pick up when they eventually did offer me one in February, because I'd have to be dropped off 30 miles north at the dealer. On top of that, they only offered a car, which wouldn't have been able to move my enclosed trailer...

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
He!!, I'd drop that goose into the back of the half ton, squash 'er down, send a pic to the service manager and tell him "his" truck is hating life right now....Hurry up!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
That is way worse than what I’m going through. Can’t imagine that anger. And I have thought about dropping the goose in the bed and try to blow the coils out.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Welcome to "just in time" inventory (never on time).

I remember back in 2007 when the front differential on my 2005 GMC gave up the ghost at 30k miles. It was of course still under warranty. They gave me a loaner and couldn't come up with the parts for almost 3 weeks. I'm sure it's much worse now.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts