Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my turbo is goin bad, when i cut the truck off i listened to it and i can hear the turbo fins turning as they stop spooling. its not really loud but you can hear it without opening the hood. it sounds like they are hitting a little metal. i always let the truck idle for a while before i cut it off. does this mean its getting ready to go? if so what would be a good upgrade for my truck turbo wise. i still want to put injectors and head stud in it at the same time. what injectors should i use?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent checked them, im gonna put a boost elbow in soon and see, will let you know after i do it

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
yea see if you can push the blades back and forth...that isnt good if you can do that, but side to side movement is ok, within reason of course...if theres any chance that it'll hit the side of the compressor id rebuild it..stand buy for a write up with pics on the rebuild of an hx35 i'll be doing mine this coming weekend:thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanx, the side to side means the fins toching the housing right? if so there isnt much play there, but the in and out means goin from the exhaust going to the intake, right? here, there is about a 1/2", i can pull it smoothly and then pull a little hard and it seems like there is a notch there, same when i push it

·
Registered
801 Posts
If you decide you want to replace the turbo, i have a fresh hx35 that ill set you up with cheap that'll get you by until you decide to purchase injectors and such.

Ideally, you dont want any in-out compressor wheel play.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
ok thanx, the side to side means the fins toching the housing right? if so there isnt much play there, but the in and out means goin from the exhaust going to the intake, right? here, there is about a 1/2", i can pull it smoothly and then pull a little hard and it seems like there is a notch there, same when i push it
you are correct, not really a good thing, so you may wanna rebuild it or get a new aftermarket turbo or something..eventually i wouldnt be overly concerned yet, but keep it in the back of your mind:thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill look into rebuilding it, where should i buy the rebuild kit from and how hard is it to do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts