Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is what I got and what I hope to achive.

2002 with an auto tranny. Mods so far are, Edge Juice w/Attitude, Cold Air intake, BD exhaust manifold, 5" exhaut, and some Stage 2 Jammer injectors on the way. I am installing a gooseneck hitch and will be towing a trailer with 12,000-13,000 lbs total weight.

So what I need to know is this?? I am not trying to be the fastest or beat anyone at a Dyno comp. I would like to build a truck that has a little more power but it need to be relaible and better MPG would be AWESOME!!

Not to start a big debate but what do I need to do to my tranny? Is it just better to get a rebuilt unit, a built unit from someone, or can I beef up mine to handle the power/load?? I also would like to upgrade the turbo but do not want to hurt the towing ability. And last I would like to install a exhaust brake. Now if I go to an aftermarket turbo what brakes cn I use? Also with my larger exhaust is this an issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm in the market for an exhaust brake as well. From what I've found BD makes a good one, and PAC Brake makes the largest for your 5" exhaust. Of course if you go with BD you could go with their Turbo. Same company so their products should compliment each other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts