Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the wind down sound you get when you punch it,then let go,,a couple of years ago i'd get that spool down sound after hammering the pedal and punching it,,,you'd here the turbo whinned up,,,then when letting go of the pedal you'd here a rubbing sound in the turbo housing,,,well that sound happens when i just accelerate without hammering it,,,it's like it's lagging or something.
i'm noth sure on the terminologies for turbo lag or spool down,,,but it's the sound when you let go of the throttle and the turbo whinnes down,,,like a rubbing sound.
anyone who knows the proper terminologies,,,,fill me in
thanks
sorry " DEZL " for all confusion

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dicky, if you are getting ANY metalic sound from your turbo, you are in the market for a rebuild at least. The only sound you should hear from the turbo is a whistle or woosh.
The good news is that there are kits availible to rebuild the turbo yourself. I did mine and it works great. The bad news is if there was ANY kind of metal to metal contact, the original componants are now out of balance and for safety, I would not use them.
I am also sending you a PM.
Vhris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts