Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten this code 4 times, 2 times pulling a trailer and 2 times empty. Running 14 ME with turbo set on 2 and have threw the code twice within the last 1000 miles. Was wondering what was causing this?? Boost went from 10 to 20 about 4 times then threw the code!

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
That may have been one of the bugs they fixed in the code upgrades since 14ME. Have you tried any of the later software versions?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
try reloading the program to the smarty, i sold one a while back for this very issue, later to find out the connection wasnt the greatest and didnt load the entire file. use a hard connection not wireless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the dpf delete and egr valve & cooler delete with the H&S XRT tuner, worked great for a week. Now I'm getting 4 codes p245a, p0106, p2579 and p2580 and it goes into limp mode now and then. Waiting for a new turbo speed sensor to see what happens, but I'm very puzzled and kida scared!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I haven't been back here for awhile due to calving and getting equipment ready but I still get this code ever 500 to 1000 miles. Lately it will throw the code and just the check engine light will be on then will driving it will ding and the lightning bolt will pop up even though it has already thrown the code. I updated to 23me and have reloaded sw3 a few times with no change turbo is also left on 3. Do I have a sensor going crazy or something bigger?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts