Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So instead of buying a larger tractor (due to rising fuel costs) i am thinking of turbo charging my 45hp 3cyl n/a tractor.

so far my research hasnt turned up much, anybody got any insight?

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
So instead of buying a larger tractor (due to rising fuel costs) i am thinking of turbo charging my 45hp 3cyl n/a tractor.

so far my research hasnt turned up much, anybody got any insight?
What kind of tractor? What is it that you want it to do?

·
Registered
289 Posts
We added a turbo to one of our John Deere 4030's, and it was a night and day difference. If I remember right we only gained 2 HP, but it pulls way better. It is like a new tractor.

That being said, how much more are you expecting this tractor to do? Adding a turbo will increase your power, but depending on what you are doing you may need a bigger tractor.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mostly we are mowing. we have a TN65 New Holland. its more than enough for what i use it for, but id like some more power.

Im really looking for something along the lines of a bolt-on kit, something i can probably do myself with access to a good shop.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
mostly we are mowing. we have a TN65 New Holland. its more than enough for what i use it for, but id like some more power.

Im really looking for something along the lines of a bolt-on kit, something i can probably do myself with access to a good shop.
it will be completely custom, there is not a kit that I am aware of.

·
Registered
365 Posts
just weld up a 3into 1 manifold, or take the tractor to a shop and have an equal length manifold made up, use large welds or plan on rewelding over top.

talk to your local turbo shop and they can help you out, or you can contact me and ill put you in touch with a good turbo shop. (PM only)

·
Registered
170 Posts

That is a Fiat engine in your tractor, you might try to hook it to a dyno, give it more fuel with the pump settings.
Be carefull that engine is not as tough as the older ford engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts