Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Turbo boost pressure sensor or map sensor

26K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MCyrana 
#1 ·
My dad has a 2001 dodge cummins 2500 4x4 truck. The truck got to were when you start off at the stop sign and smash on the throttle it just almost dies or more like bogs down then let off the throttle and it starts picking up rpms. only has like 110k miles on it. A guy at a local deisel shop said it was the Turbo boost pressure sensor or map sensor. Has anyone had any dealings with this same problem? Thank you for any input!.

#3 · (Edited)
yes sir. The guy at advance said it was the one for the map sensor but didnt give the code number. Dad ordered one from them but the plug was different. The one on his plugs in with 3 wires top to bottom top is red or orange, then blue, then grey with a red streak in it. We got one there and had to guy a diffrent pigtail for it and wires werent even the same color, just a blue. so the mechanic hooked it up with blue matching to blue and chanced the other 2 and the truck would start of instead of bogging but the turbo would not come in. With the old one the turbo would definetly come in after you got out of the bog and rolling. Thanks for any help!

#4 ·
when my Map sensor went i would lay into the pedal and be at a consistent 1700 RPM until i get up to speed and im lucky if i was able to get to 2000 RPM

replaced sensor and connector and problem solved

#5 ·
I wouldn't think you would need to by a different pigtail to get your map sensor to adapt. It sounds like they gave you wrong year as I know my 01 is different from 98.5-2000 and I think the 02 is different also. Get all that crap out of there and start with the right sensor. Unless you meant to say or I read wrong that you needed to replace the end that plugs into it??? That's a different story

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.