Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Turbo and injectors?

581 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  wolfcd
I have two questions

1. I finally pulled the trigger on a turbo its a ATS Aurora 4000 and im kinda low on funds so how would my 125's spool it ik they definently can but how laggy would it be??

2. What brand of injectors, Im going to get some 200's but dont really know what ones ik F1's and DDP's are the best loved my F1's but I dont really have that much money to spend on them so whats a good injector thats pretty well priced? Farmboy diesels got some ect... But who's had luck with the cheaper brands? Or should I just save for a quaility injector? Thanks
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
125's arent ideal but will work cause you can make up for it with more revs (having the stick shaker makes this possible)...ive run 2 sets of fbd's and they have done everything i have asked of them...id run some 200s when you get the funds

· Hemi
13,184 Posts
You should be fine. Powermad ran a silver bullet with 125's and he said it spooled fine. Look into SDX injectors. I should have mine installed around the end of this month and I'll let you know how they run.

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be fine. Powermad ran a silver bullet with 125's and he said it spooled fine. Look into SDX injectors. I should have mine installed around the end of this month and I'll let you know how they run.
HAHA there called SDX!!!! I put on my orginal post SXD glad I changed it. Yeah I was going to look at them heard they were good.

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
125's arent ideal but will work cause you can make up for it with more revs (having the stick shaker makes this possible)...ive run 2 sets of fbd's and they have done everything i have asked of them...id run some 200s when you get the funds
Are you running them on your 64? How do they run and how are the EGTS?

· Future Fly Boy!
2,228 Posts
i run fbd 240's w/ my special...egt's can get to around 1700*, depending on what altitdue im at...i dont tow so i really dont worry about them a whole lot...they are clean (relatively speaking) for a 240 and the power sure feels like it is there...i dont have dyno numbers yet or legit track times so i dont really have any proof backing up my claims, other than it feels strong...i worked a 310 spartan tuned ferd back in the AZ more than once, who runs consistent high 12's...so if that gives you some idea of what you could be looking at...

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i run fbd 240's w/ my special...egt's can get to around 1700*, depending on what altitdue im at...i dont tow so i really dont worry about them a whole lot...they are clean (relatively speaking) for a 240 and the power sure feels like it is there...i dont have dyno numbers yet or legit track times so i dont really have any proof backing up my claims, other than it feels strong...i worked a 310 spartan tuned ferd back in the AZ more than once, who runs consistent high 12's...so if that gives you some idea of what you could be looking at...
Sweet, thats good to hear :thumbsup:

· Registered
9,857 Posts
I have two questions

1. I finally pulled the trigger on a turbo its a ATS Aurora 4000 and im kinda low on funds so how would my 125's spool it ik they definently can but how laggy would it be??

2. What brand of injectors, Im going to get some 200's but dont really know what ones ik F1's and DDP's are the best loved my F1's but I dont really have that much money to spend on them so whats a good injector thats pretty well priced? Farmboy diesels got some ect... But who's had luck with the cheaper brands? Or should I just save for a quaility injector? Thanks
crank that adrenaline up with a comp 2 tune and set your timing to max and your pump stretch between 1800 and 2200 and it will light that turbo for sure with those 125's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.