Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on adding a smarty with either a tst, mp8 or the ez.
1. i want a turbo will flow enough air for this setup and still spool quick.

2. is there any difference between rail pressure and fuel pressure? and how do you install either gauge? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
i dont have any expierence with bigger turbos. Rail pressure is the pressure after the injection pump and fuel pressure is before the injection pump.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Big difference in rail pressure and fuel pressure. Rail pressure is what you have on the rail. Fuel pressure is what your lift pump is bringing to the IP.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
ok so which would i need?? or which is more important to monitor?
Both are important when modding, rail pressure is good to know when you add more, you will not need to add a pressure box if you get a smarty, the new tunes (revo,tnt, tnt/r) do rail pressure.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the edge mp8 and tst are pressure only boxes? what about a turbo...any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
so the edge mp8 and tst are pressure only boxes? what about a turbo...any suggestions?
Edge EZ, MP8, Dr. P, TST do pressure, some do more then pressure, as far as turbo, depends on the hp goal but if you stay around the 600hp mark and if you are building a truck for the street being a 6 speed I would stay with a 62, either a sps 62, silver 62 or htt 62, all great turbos and spool up fast, heard great things about all, I will be going with a silver 62 when I get the cash.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well ive been bit by the diesel bug so i cant really say when ill quit with the mods...i want it to be a monster, but sometimes the budget wont allow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts