Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
By cleaning the EGR system . I can tell that the truck can breath better. The soot build up in the cooler was pretty thick, which I think led to back pressure build up causing a crack in the cooler , or blowing the head gasket. Not sure if the Actuator can cause coolant blow out? I’ve got other issues at the moment. Ever since the original water pump took a dump ” Concentric with no weep” 100 miles after my warranty was up. Good thing it was a recall. I’ve had nothing but problems. still have the coolant blowing out of the tank. I’m over heating. Engine light comes on and off constantly. I loose the turbo and exhaust break when it gets too hot. Trying to find out if I lye in the realm of the lemon law. All I know is that you need to clean the whole EGR system every 67000. I’m going to do it more often. If I can get everything fixed. Pain in the A$$$$
The op has 2014. No egr system maintenance required. Your lack of knowledge leads me to believe most of your problems are self induced. If not please explain how most of us here have none of your trouble even with over 150,000 miles. A few over 500,000.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The op has 2014. No egr system maintenance required. Your lack of knowledge leads me to believe most of your problems are self induced. If not please explain how most of us here have none of your trouble even with over 150,000 miles. A few over 500,000.
Oh my bad, thought he had a 16’. You must have a 14’ thus not having the problems I’m having. So tell me how do you know “ wise guy” anything about the EGR. Do you even realize what it does to the engine. Do you think having a bad water pump blowing out because there wasn’t a weep hole could have something to do with it. Do you think changing the oil, filters , and keeping an accurate maintenance log could create self induced Issues. Listen pal, I was just trying to help the guy look a little deeper, and trouble shoot a few other things. It’s apparent that you aren’t really any help to anyone on this forum. You remind me of a politician. Instead of helping, and correcting “if your that knowledgeable “ . You just want to point out flaws, and how someone knows nothing. Is that what you do on this site. A disease with no cure. Anyway thanks for the insightful info.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Oh my bad, thought he had a 16’. You must have a 14’ thus not having the problems I’m having. So tell me how do you know “ wise guy” anything about the EGR. Do you even realize what it does to the engine. Do you think having a bad water pump blowing out because there wasn’t a weep hole could have something to do with it. Do you think changing the oil, filters , and keeping an accurate maintenance log could create self induced Issues. Listen pal, I was just trying to help the guy look a little deeper, and trouble shoot a few other things. It’s apparent that you aren’t really any help to anyone on this forum. You remind me of a far left politician. Instead of helping, and correcting “if your that knowledgeable “ . You just want to point out flaws, and how someone knows nothing. Is that what you do on this site. A disease with no cure. Anyway thanks for the insightful info.

Trump 2020 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Keep on talking, you’re making my point for me. 1st, Your 16 requires no egr maintenance . None of these trucks has since 13. 2Nd your water pump didn’t fail because it had no weep hole. It was designed that way. It failed because of a production run of bad bearings. .The lack of a weep hole was only one way to identify the suspect pumps. 3rd, steering someone with actuator malfunction to the egr system is not helping. That is unless you think giving a drowning man a rock is helpful.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts