Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i put tiwns on my truck and i have them broke in now, 500 miles. is there anything i need to do to tune these things or are they pretty much bolt on and go??

thanks for the help

oh twins are polished 62 over 74

·
Some-Sho Some-Go
1,621 Posts
There is tuning involved to get peak performance don't know excatly what to do tho.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
50hp mpg injectors for now...next on my list is arson III and at least 90's maybe 120's

·
Bubbles
1,233 Posts
Do you have any more specs on the turbos. A tip gauge and a primary boost gauge will help set the wasgegate.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
stick with the 90's, there an awesome all around tip.im a little over 700 with them, and really look into a modded cp3 instead of the Arson,unless you really dont intend to go over 600

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
stick with the 90's, there an awesome all around tip.im a little over 700 with them, and really look into a modded cp3 instead of the Arson,unless you really dont intend to go over 600
my plans for now are 650ish so i thought i could do that with an arsons and if not i will send my pump out and get it upgraded by shane

where should i get my injectors??? is extrunde honeing any good??

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have any more specs on the turbos. A tip gauge and a primary boost gauge will help set the wasgegate.
not sure what a tip gauge is???

i do not have a primary boost and i need to get one....

and as far as size...i dont have the paperwork in front of me and i cant remember the numbers but the little turbo is something like 62/65/12ss and the big one is 74/76/22 or something like that

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
well bigger injectors will ultimately be better with them but 90's should do,they spin my set instantly, then again my top charger is smaller then most, but is lethal lol:hehe:.im curious to see how your set up runs:thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so far so good.... it spools a little better than stock and pulls harder through the rpm range... and my egts went down like 250 deg. im not all that impressed with the power gains though, i thought it would be better! maybe with some 120's it will be better

p.s. how do you like the tnt tune onthe smarty? whould i consider downloading that?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
oh man that will give you what you want, more fuel and power. go do it right now, and post back lol:shock::shock:

·
Bubbles
1,233 Posts
TIP is the pressure between the cylinders and the secondary turbo. AKA drive pressure. You want drive pressure to be about 1 to 1 with total boost pressure. With those turbos under 700 hp you probably dont need a TIP gauge You shouldnt have any problem with those chargers and 90s. Im with mulisha 90s will get you to your goal and beyond, the wont be near as smokey, and they will get better milage. So unless your hoping for lots more power stick with the 90s.

·
Bubbles
1,233 Posts
Your not seeing the performance you had hoped for because you dont have enough fuel. Your stocker was keeping up pretty well. No if you had more fuel before you went to twins from a stock turbo you would be much more impressed. Even my oldschool setup is sweet compaired to a big single or stocker.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so you dont think that i need a drive pressure gauge!!??? do i need to have 2 boost gauges one for the big turbo and one for total?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh man that will give you what you want, more fuel and power. go do it right now, and post back lol:shock::shock:
ok....im downloading it right now...i normally run my smarty on sw9 where should i start with the tnt...sw7?

do i have to turn my truck to stock before i install tnt?

·
Bubbles
1,233 Posts
so you dont think that i need a drive pressure gauge!!??? do i need to have 2 boost gauges one for the big turbo and one for total?
Its always good to know but you dont need it. A primary boost gauge is nice to make sure that your not overwrorking the secondary and that they are both within there maps. I suggest the primary boost gauge first, and if you go further with your fueling add the TIP. I like overkill an knowing all that I can about whats going on.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i really plan to keep my boost under 60psi cuz im not ready to oring the head...do i still need a TIP gauge?

·
Bubbles
1,233 Posts
No you should be fine without one. There just another tool for tuning. You dont have to go back to stock to switch to tnt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts