Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've done searches and found how to do AFC adjustments, but have yet to see the reasoning (besides make more SMOKE) for MAKING these adjustments.

Here's a visual aid a member recently posted.

Can one of you diesel gurus please explain HOW to make these adjustments properly to yield more power and/or better fuel efficiency ??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Take the "dark gray" one out... thats how I perfer mine, gives me more to controll and have fun with. Its very effiecent if you controll your foot, more effiecent for me compared to stock since im always so use to paying attention to throttle position since it has been gutted. Some people dont like it tho cuz it is alot different.

·
Registered
555 Posts
i gutted my afc and i love it! but i try to stay off the throttle as much as possible just out of respect for the drivers behind me in my urbanized play arena... unless theres some little white honda with some "sweet" subs blasting slimshady with his windows down. then he should know better hahahah

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, my foot is definatly trained to not let it smoke at all while accelerating but when I want the smoke it is on tap for just that reason, also throttle response is insane compare to with afc lever in (at proper RPMs)

·
Registered
231 Posts
As far as milage goes I havent got below 17mpg in city driving. Im not sure on hiway cuz im always towing a jeep with trailer so it is usually 17mpg depending on terrain. I like how it tows with this setup also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts